Subject: [PWE3] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:14:51 +0100

I have just posted an updated version of ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk

This has a number of changes and I would appreciate a WG review of this 
to see if we have consensus on the opinions expressed.

- Stewart

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:11:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Stewart Bryant and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-pwe3-congestion-frmwk
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Pseudowire Congestion Control Framework
Creation_date:	 2008-05-28
WG ID:		 pwe3
Number_of_pages: 26

Abstract:
Pseudowires are sometimes used to carry non-TCP data flows.  In these
circumstances the service payload will not react to network
congestion by reducing its offered load.  Pseudowires should
therefore reduces their network bandwidth demands in the face of
significant packet loss, including if necessary completely ceasing
transmission.  Since it is difficult to determine a priori the number
of equivalent TCP flow that a pseudowire represents, a suitably
"fair" rate of back-off cannot be pre-determined.  This document
describes pseudowire congestion problem and provides guidance on the
development suitable solutions.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3