Subject: [PWE3] P2MP PW REQ Stockholm discussion

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:20:33 +0200

Hi all,

As explained during my presentation, the P2MP REQ draft has still a few
open issues.
Please let us know your thoughts about the following topics:

1\ P2MP PW MAY be bidirectional. 
Initially this requirement is optional , since that does not address
most of applications we get in mind (see VPMS draft). But please let us
know if there are some reasons to consider this feature as mandatory

2\ Leaf attachment acknoledgement (so from the leaf to the root). 
The Egress PE ack to the root is necessary for at least both reasons 
	- RSVP-TE P2MP LSP as underlying Layer: the root PE can
update/extend the P2MP TE-LSP accordingly 
	- RSVP-TE or MLDP LSP as underlying Layer: multiplexing rules of
P2MP PW/P2MP LSP (mapping 1:1 to N:1)
However this ack does not represent exactly the leaves of the PW tree
since the Egress PE may deliver the traffic to more than one attached AC
(see Reference Model).
We request the AC ack from the Ingress PE to the Egress PE for NMS
purpose but that can be also relevant for specific protection scheme per
AC. 
Once more let us know your opinion 

Thanks,
Fred