Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:52:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dynamic Placement of Multi Segment Pseudowires
	Author(s)       : Luca Martini
                          Matthew Bocci
                          Florin Balus
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-14.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-07-07

   There is a requirement for service providers to be able to extend the
   reach of pseudowires (PW) across multiple Packet Switched Network
   domains. A Multi-Segment PW is defined as a set of two or more
   contiguous PW segments that behave and function as a single point-
   to-point PW. This document describes extensions to the PW control
   protocol to dynamically place the segments of the multi segment
   pseudowire among a set of Provider Edge (PE) routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-14.txt

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 17:56:17 -0600

Wg,

After a discussion among the authors we realized that the ER TLV and
associated procedures represent a significant amount of work, and it
would be better if it was in a separate document. Initially we wanted to
include just the TLV specification text , and have the procedures in a
separate document, but we realized that this made the document difficult
to follow. So I have pulled out the ER TLV text, and asked the WG chair
how we can create another WG document containing the text we have
removed from the Dynamic Placement of Multi Segment Pseudowires document.

This strategy will allow us to progress the Dynamic Placement of Multi
Segment Pseudowires  quicker, and gives up more time to work on the
explicit route technology.

I'm waiting for an answer from the WG chairs on how to proceed with the
ER TLV text.
Thanks.
Luca

On 07/07/11 15:52, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3