Subject: [PWE3] draft-hao-pwe3-iccp-extension-for-msp-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 19:16:36 +0800

Dear all,

We meet a problem to deploy ICCP in SDH network. The figure below 
described it. The PE1 and PE2 run the linear multiplex section 
protection(MSP) desceibed in the G.841 to protect the SDH network. But 
they are not in the same location. So they need a machanism to 
synchronize the state and configuration data between the PEs.

                                      +----+
                    <---Pseudowire--->|PE1 |
                                      |    |\
                                      +----+  \ ------>Access Network
                                        |       \
                                        |         \+----+
                                        |          | CE |
                                        |          |    |
                                        |         /+----+
                                        |       /
                                      +----+  /
                                      |PE2 |/
                    <---Pseudowire--->|    |
                                      +----+

We submit a draft to slove the problem. It describes the extention of 
ICCP's application TLVs to support the MSP application.

I would be greatful if you could review the draft 
"draft-hao-pwe3-iccp-extension-for-msp-00" and post comments on the 
mailing list.

Best regards,
Hongjie Hao

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:42:06 +0100

On 04/07/2011 12:16, [email-masked] wrote:
> they are not in the same location. So they need a machanism ?to 

This scenario looks similar to Figure1 in the ICCP draft.

Please can you clarify the problem in the ICCP draft that you are 
addressing.

Thanks

Stewart

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:33:05 +0800

Hi Stewart,

Thank for your attention. 

Figure 1 in ICCP draft described the generic multi-chassis redundancy 
model. When the network is SDH network, it is just the situation we 
talked. 
ICCP draft specified the pseudowire redundancy application TLVs and 
multi-chassis LACP application TLVs. But we need MSP application TLVs to 
synchronize the state and configuration data of MSP group between PE1 and 
PE2. So we extended the TLVs to support the situation in the draft 
"draft-hao-pwe3-iccp-extension-for-msp-00"

Best regards,
Hongjie Hao

Dear all, 

                                      +----+ 
                    <---Pseudowire--->|PE1 | 
                                      |    |\ 

Best regards, 
Hongjie Hao

Thanks

Stewart

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3