Subject: [PWE3] Different manipulation of channels in a Nx64 service

From: Javi Muñoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:28:13 +0100

I have the next situation:

ISDN TE_A1 <---> [        ]       [        ] <---> ISDN TE_A2
ISDN TE_B1 <---> [        ]       [        ] <---> ISDN TE_B2
ISDN TE_C1 <---> [AGW(PE1)] <---> [AGW(PE2)] <---> ISDN TE_C2
...              [        ]       [        ]
ISDN TE_D1 <---> [        ]       [        ] <---> ISDN TE_D2

Each AGW finishes several ISDN interfaces (then, several TDM circuits).

* ISDN_TE_A1 has stablished a 64kbps call with ISDN_TE_A2 using the RTP 
codec CLEARMODE.
* ISDN_TE_B1 has stablished a 64kbps call with ISDN_TE_B2 using the RTP 
codec G.711-u without VAD
* ISDN_TE_C1 has stablished a 64kbps call with ISDN_TE_C2 using the RTP 
codec G.711-u with VAD
...
* ISDN_TE_D1 has stablished a 64kbps call with ISDN_TE_D2 using the RTP 
codec G.711-u without VAD

(the codec to use for each call would be indicated by an external 
signalling to the TDMPWs, such as Megaco)

Is it possible to use a single TDMoPW TDMoIP AAL2 to emulate all these 
calls?

If this is not possible to use different codec, at least, would it be 
possible to use a single TDMoPW TDMoIP AAL2 to emulate all calls with 
the same type of codec and media manipulation (i.e. calls "ISDN_TE_B1 - 
ISDN_TE_B2" and "ISDN_TE_D1 - ISDN_TE_D2").

NOTE: I propose directly AAL2, and not CESoPSN or TDMoIP AAL2, due to 
they are different calls, so that it is necessary to dynamically modify 
the number of channels, which is only supported by AAL2.

Regards,

Javi