Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:36:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for the PW FEC Elements
	Author(s)       : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-01-09

   The "Typed Wildcard Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) Element"
   defines an extension to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) that
   can be used when it is desired to request or withdraw or release all
   label bindings for a given FEC Element type.  However, a typed
   wildcard FEC element must be individually defined for each FEC
   element type.  This specification defines the typed wildcard FEC
   elements for the PWid (0x80), Generalized PWid (0x81), and P2MP PW
   (0x82) FEC element types.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.txt

---

From: "Daniel Cohn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:53:13 +0200

Hi authors,

IIUC, the use of the FEC wildcard in your draft is limited to label
withdrawal and status notification messages (actually the limitation
comes from RFC 5918). 

It seems to me that it would be useful to extend the use of the wildcard
also to MAC address withdrawal messages, with a view to supporting MAC
flush operations for a group of PWs. A scenario where this comes useful
is LSP failure, where the PE would want to signal MAC flush over all PWs
in the LSP in a single message. 

What do you think? 

Thanks,

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge
to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.t
xt

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-01.tx
t

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Carlos Pignataro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:31:18 -0500

Hi, Daniel,

Thank you for the input!

Yes, this sounds like a good suggestion and useful addition, as the FEC
TLV is a parameter in the context of the MAC Address Withdraw. So a MAC
Address Withdraw can be scoped beyond a single VPLS instance to all, or
to all given a PW.

We are working on some text to post an updated revision -03.

Thanks,

-- Carlos.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:08:08 -0500

Carlos,

When you post -03, please send a separate email to the pwe3 list
summarizing the changes from -02 to -03 to make it easy for the WG to
review the changes.

Thanks much,
Andy