Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-packet-pw-03.txt> (Packet Pseudowire Encapsulation over an MPLS PSN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:40:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Packet Pseudowire Encapsulation over an MPLS PSN'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-packet-pw-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a pseudowire mechanism that is used to
   transport a packet service over an MPLS PSN is the case where the
   client Label Switching Router (LSR) and the server Provider Edge
   equipments are co-resident in the same equipment.  This pseudowire
   mechanism may be used to carry all of the required layer 2 and layer
   3 protocols between the pair of client LSRs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-packet-pw/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-packet-pw/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.