Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation-03.txt> (Pseudowire Control Word Negotiation Mechanism Update) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:58:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Control Word Negotiation Mechanism Update'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the problem of control word negotiation
   mechanism specified in [RFC4447].  Based on the problem analysis, a
   message exchanging mechanism is introduced to solve this control word
   negotiation issue.  This document is to update [RFC4447] control word
   negotiation mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.