Subject: [PWE3] RFC 6723 on Update of the Pseudowire Control-Word Negotiation Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:21:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6723

        Title:      Update of the Pseudowire Control-Word 
                    Negotiation Mechanism 
        Author:     L. Jin, Ed.,
                    R. Key, Ed.,
                    S. Delord,
                    T. Nadeau,
                    S. Boutros
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20307
        Updates:    RFC4447, RFC6073

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6723.txt

The control-word negotiation mechanism specified in RFC 4447 has a
problem when a PE (Provider Edge) changes the preference for the use
of the control word from NOT PREFERRED to PREFERRED.  This document
updates RFC 4447 and RFC 6073 by adding the Label Request message to
resolve this control-word negotiation issue for single-segment and
multi-segment pseudowires.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC