Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:01:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit
	Author(s)       : Praveen Muley
                          Mustapha Aissaoui
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-09-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for signaling the active and
   standby status of redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their
   termination points. A set of redundant PWs is configured between
   provider edge (PE) nodes in single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW)
   applications, or between terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in
   multi-segment pseudowire (MS-PW) applications.

   In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use
   for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is
   defined. This bit indicates a preferential forwarding status with a
   value of Active or Standby for each PW in a redundant set.

   In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes
   to coordinate a switchover operation of the PW.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/