Subject: [PWE3] IPR Disclosure: Verizon Patent and Licensing Inc.'s Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-15

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:10:07 -0700

Dear Luca Martini, Matthew Bocci, Florin Balus:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Dynamic
Placement of Multi Segment Pseudowires" (draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw) was
submitted to the IETF Secretariat on 2012-09-11 and has been posted on the "IETF
Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1879/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Verizon Patent and Licensing Inc.'s Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-
pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-15."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:29:46 -0400

PWE3ers,

I would like to provide a bit of background regarding this IPR
disclosure. Back in 2005, MCI filed an IPR disclosure (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/566/ ) against
draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol. At some point, draft-balus was
merged with one or more other drafts to produce what is now
draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw. However, it looks like
draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw did not explicitly inherit that IPR
disclosure. Of course, MCI is now a part of Verizon. During our own
last call review of the draft, it was determined that the old
disclosure for draft-balus still applies to
draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw, and we have filed a new disclosure (see
below) to make that explicit and searchable in the datatracker.

Any questions about the disclosure should go to the points of contact
in the disclosure rather than to me.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Subject: [PWE3] IPR Disclosure: Verizon Patent and Licensing Inc.'s
Statement about	IPR related to draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-15
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3