Subject: [PWE3] Stewart Bryant's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-03: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:16:57 -0800

Stewart Bryant has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-03: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a pseudowire document and it is a great pity that it was not
taken through the pseudowire WG so that it would be listed in their
document set and thus be more visible to readers looking for PW related
documents. I am not sure whether it is possible to get this to show on
with their doc set but it would be useful if it could.

As far as I am able to determin, this document was not formally reviewed
by the PWE3 WG, one purpose of this discuss is thus to make sure that
this has been adequately reviewed by people with PW expertise.

My second concern is whether FEC128 data structures should be defined in
this draft, or whether this draft should be used as an opportunity to
retire FEC128, in which case the FEC 128 IPv6 definition should be
removed from the draft. This is a discussion that should take place in
the PWE3 WG.