Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt

From: Gert Manhoudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:21:41 +0100

Hi,

Today I've updated the Internet Draft on Transparent SDH/SONET over 
Packet (TSoP) from version -01 to -02. Note that version -01 was sent to 
ITU-T SG-15 for comment. Based on the return liaison received from 
Question 13 of this ITU-T Study Group, the draft has been updated to the 
current version -02. This feedback was received by PWE3 in a return 
liaison statement on Oct. 4, 2012 
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3/current/msg13299.html)

The following changes have been made:

1. In section 10 (Applicability Statements) a paragraph has been added 
at the end, that stipulates that the synchronization situation of the 
packet network must be suitable to be able to support TSoP Pseudowires 
and it refers to appendix C for a list of such network synchronization 
scenarios.

2. In appendix C, options C.4 and C.5 have been removed in line with the 
feedback of Q.13 of ITU-T Study Group 15 on the draft -01 of this document.

In the same liaison statement Q13/15 agreed that scenarios C.1, C.2 and 
C.3 are suitable for TSoP Pseudowire support.

Regards,
Gert.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt
Date: 	Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:46:18 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gert Manhoudt and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet
Creation date:	 2013-02-08
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 40
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02

Abstract:
    This document describes the Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet (TSoP)
    mechanism to encapsulate Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) or
    Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET) bit-streams in a packet format,
    suitable for Pseudowire (PW) transport over a packet switched network
    (PSN).  The key property of the TSoP  method is that it transports
    the SDH/SONET client signal in its entirety through the PW, i.e., no
    use is made of any specific characteristic of the SONET/SDH signal
    format, other than its bit rate.  The TSoP transparency includes
    transporting the timing properties of the SDH/SONET client signal.
    This ensures a maximum of transparency and a minimum of complexity,
    both in implementation and during operation.

The IETF Secretariat