Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-13.txt> (Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for L2VPN PE Redundancy) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:38:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for L2VPN PE Redundancy'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an inter-chassis communication protocol
   (ICCP) that enables Provider Edge (PE) device redundancy for Virtual
   Private Wire Service (VPWS) and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   applications. The protocol runs within a set of two or more PEs,
   forming a redundancy group, for the purpose of synchronizing data
   amongst the systems. It accommodates multi-chassis attachment circuit
   as well as pseudowire redundancy mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1898/