Subject: [PWE3] RFC 7267 on Dynamic Placement of Multi-Segment Pseudowires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:26:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7267

        Title:      Dynamic Placement of Multi-Segment Pseudowires 
        Author:     L. Martini, Ed.,
                    M. Bocci, Ed.,
                    F. Balus, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 49414
        Updates:    RFC 6073

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7267.txt

RFC 5254 describes the service provider requirements for extending
the reach of pseudowires (PWs) across multiple Packet Switched
Network domains.  A multi-segment PW is defined as a set of two or
more contiguous PW segments that behave and function as a single
point-to-point PW.  This document describes extensions to the PW
control protocol to dynamically place the segments of the
multi-segment pseudowire among a set of Provider Edge (PE) routers.
This document also updates RFC 6073 by updating the value of the
Length field of the PW Switching Point PE Sub-TLV Type 0x06 to 14.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC