Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: RFC 7338 on Requirements and Framework for Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowires over MPLS Packet Switched Networks

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:31:35 -0400

Congratulations to the authors for a new RFC!

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Subject: RFC 7338 on Requirements and Framework for Point-to-Multipoint
Pseudowires over MPLS Packet Switched Networks
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7338

        Title:      Requirements and Framework for Point-to-Multipoint
                    Pseudowires over MPLS Packet Switched Networks
        Author:     F. Jounay, Ed.,
                    Y. Kamite, Ed.,
                    G. Heron,
                    M. Bocci
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36120
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7338.txt

This document presents a set of requirements and a framework for
providing a point-to-multipoint pseudowire (PW) over MPLS Packet
Switched Networks.  The requirements identified in this document are
related to architecture, signaling, and maintenance aspects of
point-to-multipoint PW operation.  They are proposed as guidelines
for the standardization of such mechanisms.  Among other potential
applications, point-to-multipoint PWs can be used to optimize the
support of multicast Layer 2 services (Virtual Private LAN Service
and Virtual Private Multicast Service).

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working
Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC