Subject: RE: [PWE3]fc encap/decap

From: "Moran Roth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:14:20 +0200

Dong,

Thank you for your comments.

The FCPWE3 draft refer to "FC port mode" where the PW is transparent to
the service. In the PWE3 context there is no distinction between a PW
packet containing FC data frame and a PW packet containing FC Primitive
Sequence. The distinction is performed at the NSP level. As presented in
the IETF63 meeting, and shown below in the frame structure, the NSP adds
a header which is used for this purpose (and other FC specific
functions).

    4Bytes    4Bytes     4Bytes      8Bytes      36-2148Bytes
 +----------+---------+-----------+-----------+------------------+
 |   MPLS   |  PW     |  Control  |  FC-BB    |   FC Frame       |
 |   Label  |  Label  |  Word     |  Header   |                  |
 +----------+---------+-----------+-----------+------------------+ 

Note that NSP functionality is specified by the T11 Technical Committee
(FC-BB Workgroup).

I'll appreciate any other comment you may have.

Moran  

________________________________

From: Dong Jixiong [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 9:04 AM
To: Moran Roth
Cc: pwe3
Subject: [PWE3]fc encap/decap

Hi, Moran
 
When mapping fc traffic into PW PDU, we have different encapsulation
methods for normal FC frames and FC primitive sequences respectively.
For normal FC frames, we use "OSCODE(8bits)+reservered value(24bits)" to
encap SOF/EOF. For 
FC primitive sequences, we use "K28.5-CODE(8bits)+DDD(24bits)" to encap
them. During receiving fc traffic from PSN, we have to distinguish FC
primitive sequences and frames to decap them. We can use the first byte
in PWE3 payload to do it. So I suggest K28.5-CODE(8bits) value is
different from SOF/EOF OSCODE(8bits)s, such as 0xab, 0x81,etc. and
assign this unique value in fc encap pwe3 draft, which can also avoid
the future interworking problems.
 
Regards,
Dong

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Dong Jixiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:42:01 +0800

Bob,

Thank you for your response.

see inline...

Regards,
Dong

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Moran Roth" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dong Jixiong" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "pwe3" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:14 PM
Subject: RE: [PWE3]fc encap/decap

Dong,

The FCPWE3 draft refer to "FC port mode" where the PW is transparent to
the service. In the PWE3 context there is no distinction between a PW
packet containing FC data frame and a PW packet containing FC Primitive
Sequence. The distinction is performed at the NSP level. 
[Dong] Would you please give me the information about those standards which solution indicates that it should translates FC P.seq(10B) into K+3D(24bits)? If there are no other standards indicated it, I think we should say some more detailed words in FCPWE3 draft.

As presented in

Note that NSP functionality is specified by the T11 Technical Committee
(FC-BB Workgroup).
[Dong] My understand is t11 FC-BB WG specified the behaviours of FC-BB header you mentioned, is it right? But I can't find the "FC-BB header" in FC-BB-3,can you give me the more detailed information about FC-BB header?

Moran  

Hi, Moran

Regards,
Dong