Subject: [PWE3] softwires BoF email list

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:42:30 +0200

PWE3,

There was a BoF in Paris, titled "lrw" (the second in a series of 
names). The first BoF was in Minneapolis, titled "V6tc." The latest, 
greatest, name is "softwire" though this may change as well.

The charter is still being hammered out, but one goal of this WG if it 
is formed is to define a tunneling protocol to be used for IPv6 networks 
to reach one another over IPv4 and vice versa. Due to some 
administrative problems, the list didn't exist until this past weekend.

Given the most recent thread that concerned IPv6 on the pwe3 list and at 
the pwe3 meeting in Paris, I'm not sure many people are all that 
interested in IPv6/IPv4 transition issues here. However, some of the 
tunneling-specific issues may overlap. As such, those who have time and 
energy for constructive comment, please join the "softwires" mailing 
list. Discussion should commence later this week.

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

Thanks,

- Mark

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3