Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Should the following text be formatted using <aside>? (comment 7) (Issue #4973)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 10:40:30 -0700

Should the following text be formatted using <aside>?  See the definition at <https://authors.ietf.org/rfcxml-vocabulary#aside>.

Original:

       Note:  Padding schemes only provide limited protection against an
          attacker with these capabilities, potentially only forcing an
          increased number of guesses to learn the length associated with a
          given guess.  Padding schemes also work directly against
          compression by increasing the number of bits that are transmitted.

Original:

       Note:  Simply removing entries corresponding to the field from the
          dynamic table can be ineffectual if the attacker has a reliable
          way of causing values to be reinstalled.  For example, a request
          to load an image in a web browser typically includes the Cookie
          header field (a potentially highly valued target for this sort of
          attack), and websites can easily force an image to be loaded,
          thereby refreshing the entry in the dynamic table.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4973
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issues/[email-masked]>