Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Conform to HTTP Style Guide (PR #4977)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:37:09 -0700

Fixes #4951 and some other things besides.  This presupposes a resolution of https://github.com/httpwg/admin/issues/41 to be &quot;treat them the same as regular fields,&quot; which is ugly but logically consistent.  Easy enough to adjust if that isn&#39;t the eventual decision, of course.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977

-- Commit Summary --

  * body =&gt; content
  * Headers, fields
  * Treating pseudo-header fields the same as other fields
  * Include reason phrase
  * Preferred reference anchors
  * Fix around C-L reference

-- File Changes --

    M rfc9114.md (209)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977.diff

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: &lt;quicwg/base-drafts/pull/[email-masked]&gt;

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:42:54 -0700

@LPardue approved this pull request.

Excellent, I shall borrow the referencing markdown into your draft 😀 

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977#pullrequestreview-928030831
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977/review/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:47:07 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

81e2b79c02c8d034757a51c59a40ca86af52831d  Fix around C-L reference

-- 
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977/files/b395030b9698405c58de09863ffa5d51c0c31400..81e2b79c02c8d034757a51c59a40ca86af52831d
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977/push/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:49:11 -0700

Note that while the style guide says to use 6265bis for COOKIES, I'm continuing to point to RFC 6265 unless and until we decide to take another delaying dependency.  (I note that http-core also uses RFC 6265.)

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977#issuecomment-1084980400
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977/[email-masked]>

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:03:37 -0700

That sounds very sensible to me, especially given the context in which they are spoken to in this document.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977#issuecomment-1084993338
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4977/[email-masked]>