Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-applicability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 01:11:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Applicability of the QUIC Transport Protocol
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-applicability-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-10-25

Abstract:
   This document discusses the applicability of the QUIC transport
   protocol, focusing on caveats impacting application protocol
   development and deployment over QUIC.  Its intended audience is
   designers of application protocol mappings to QUIC, and implementors
   of these application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-applicability/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-applicability-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-applicability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-applicability-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: hiren panchasara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 15:01:23 -0700

>    of these application protocols.

Thank you for your work!

I've suggested a few very minor changes via github PR.
Hope that's okay. 

Cheers,
Hiren

---

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 00:45:24 +0200

Yes, thanks!

> Am 26.10.2017 um 00:01 schrieb hiren panchasara <[email-masked]>:
>

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 09:36:25 -0400

A comment regarding stream reuse:

 " Mapping of application data to streams is application-specific and
 " described for HTTP/s in [QUIC-HTTP].  In general data that can be
 " processed independently, and therefore would suffer from head of line
 " blocking, if forced to be received in order, should be transmitted
 " over different streams.  If there is a logical grouping of those data
 " chunks or messages, stream can be reused, or a new stream can be
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 " opened for each chunk/message.

Compare this with [draft-ietf-quic-transport], which states that a
"QUIC endpoint MUST NOT reuse a Stream ID."  To avoid any confusion,
should this be reworded?  Perhaps something like this:

	If data chunks or messages belong to the same logical group,
	they can be placed onto the same stream; or a new stream can
    be opened for each chunk/message. 

  - Dmitri.