Subject: packet number increments

From: Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 02:07:21 -0700

In the recently published 07 transport draft there are two formulations on
packet numbers

section 5.4.1:

The first Client Initial packet that is sent by a client contains a
   random 31-bit value.  All subsequent packets contain a packet number
   that is incremented by one, see (Section 5.7
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-07#section-5.7>).

section 5.7

 The packet
   number for sending MUST increase by at least one after sending any
   packet, unless otherwise specified (see Section 5.7.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-07#section-5.7.1>).

Kind Regards,
Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen

---

From: Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 02:12:12 -0700

I should have mentioned my point:

incremented by at LEAST one vs exactly incremented by one.

Kind Regards,
Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen

On 14 October 2017 at 11.07.21, Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen ([email-masked])
wrote:

section 5.4.1:

section 5.7

 The packet

Kind Regards,
Mikkel Fahnøe Jørgensen