Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-17/💬65)
  11 issues created:
  - Interleaved Stream IDs are awkward (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1430 [-transport] [design] 
  - Idle timeout interaction with RTO (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1429 
  - When the sender is using standard Reno congestion control, ack every ~2 packets (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1428 [-recovery] 
  - Detect adversarial ECN reporting (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1426 
  - Duplicate detection (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1425 
  - Stream 0 DT proposal conflicts with PRIORITY (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1421 [-http] [design] 
  - HTTP/QUIC: "Streams SHOULD be used sequentially, with no gaps." ambiguity. (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1417 
  - HTTP/QUIC: are SETTINGS HTTP/QUIC specific? (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1416 
  - HTTP/QUIC: Enhance guidance of using "hq" (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1415 
  - Speed handshake recovery when only undecryptable packets arrive (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1414 
  - Recovery incorrectly declares packets lost at higher encryption levels (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1413 [-recovery] [stream0] 

  32 issues received 65 new comments:
  - #1287 Order of Coalesced Packets (8 by martinthomson, nibanks, mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1287 [-transport] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #1243 ICMP and ICMPv6 PMTUD with asymmetric connection-ids (6 by kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1243 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1413 Recovery incorrectly declares packets lost at higher encryption levels (5 by mikkelfj, huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1413 [-recovery] [design] [stream0] 
  - #1420 encoder stream can deadlock (3 by krasic, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1420 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1421 Stream 0 DT proposal conflicts with PRIORITY (3 by martinthomson, ianswett, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1421 [-http] [design] 
  - #1371 Tracking of header blocks for reset streams (3 by MikeBishop, afrind, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1371 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1405 Handling of duplicate packets (3 by gloinul, kazuho, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1405 [-transport] [design] 
  - #904 HTTP header compression: static table fit for QUIC (2 by afrind, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/904 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1296 Packet number transform should be negotiated (2 by bobdug, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1296 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1429 Idle timeout interaction with RTO (2 by nibanks, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1429 
  - #1430 Interleaved Stream IDs are awkward (2 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1430 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1317 per-CID PN space to avoid PN leak becoming a privacy issue? (2 by kazuho, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1317 
  - #1342 Implicit stream open (2 by martinthomson, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1342 [-transport] [design] 
  - #838 Clarify PADDING vs PING frames (2 by igorlord, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/838 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1230 Stateless Reset needs "on-path" proof (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1230 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1260 Invariants extensbility (2 by martinthomson, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1260 [-invariants] 
  - #1280 HoLB from NCID frames (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1280 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1414 Speed handshake recovery when only undecryptable packets arrive (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1414 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [quicv2] 
  - #1426 Detect adversarial ECN reporting (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1426 [-transport] [design] 
  - #269 Public Packet Number Echo (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/269 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1209 Use Conservative Initial Packet Size (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1209 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1343 Static table negotiation (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1343 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1232 ACKs for receiver-only (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1232 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1234 Allow repeat ACK's (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1234 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1148 Replace HPACK integer encoding (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1148 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1258 Stateless Reset during Path Migration (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1258 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1264 Stateless Reset processing must be path-bound (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1264 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1265 error handling for path_response (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1265 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1267 Packet protection keys not CID-based (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1267 [-tls] [design] 
  - #761 Rejection of 0-RTT: start over? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/761 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1276 Exhausting a supply of connection IDs (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1276 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1278 Connection migration failure mode (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1278 [-transport] [design] 

  17 issues closed:
  - HoLB from NCID frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1280 [-transport] [editor-ready] 
  - Duplicate detection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1425 
  - Flags in HTTP/QUIC frames are wasted space https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1388 [-http] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - per-CID PN space to avoid PN leak becoming a privacy issue? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1317 
  - Consistent presenting Connection ID in packet or frame https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1336 [-transport] [design] 
  - Packet protection keys not CID-based https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1267 [-tls] [design] 
  - Public Packet Number Echo https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/269 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - quic_transport_parameters code point https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1395 [-tls] 
  - Stateless Reset processing must be path-bound https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1264 [-transport] [design] 
  - Invariants extensbility https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1260 [-invariants] 
  - Stateless Reset during Path Migration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1258 [-transport] [design] 
  - Allow repeat ACK's https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1234 [-transport] [design] 
  - ACKs for receiver-only https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1232 [-transport] [design] 
  - Use Conservative Initial Packet Size https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1209 [-transport] [design] 
  - Replace HPACK integer encoding https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1148 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Writing after closed frame enqueued https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/777 [-transport] [design] 
  - Rejection of 0-RTT: start over? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/761 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-4/💬10)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - fix typo (by ami-GS)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1433 
  - Move stream type into frame type (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1431 [-transport] [design] 
  - Coalescing guidance (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1423 [-transport] [design] 
  - Remove sequence number from NEW_CONNECTION_ID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1419 [-transport] 
  - Add PUSH_PROMISE xref (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1418 
  - Updated ICMP PMTU section (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1412 
  - Describe QPACK Feedback mechanisms (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1410 [-qpack] [design] 

  4 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #1431 Move stream type into frame type (6 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, mikkelfj, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1431 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1423 Coalescing guidance (2 by MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1423 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1419 Remove sequence number from NEW_CONNECTION_ID (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1419 [-transport] 
  - #1359 Unidirectional Stream Headers in HTTP (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1359 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Remove sequence number from NEW_CONNECTION_ID
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1419 [-transport] 
  - fix typo
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1433 
  - Remove Flags
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1398 [-http] [design] 
  - Set TLS extension codepoint to 0xffa5
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1402 [-tls] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts