Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+10/-7/💬73)
  10 issues created:
  - Frame type field in APPLICATION_CLOSE (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1508 
  - Can a client send 0-RTT data when receiving Retry? (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1507 
  - HTTP Security Considerations (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1506 
  - Stateless Reset from clients, bis (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1505 
  - Make Packet Number a standard varint, with no inference (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1502 
  - Disagreement about Path Liveness (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1495 [-transport] [design] 
  - Packet Number Must Be Decrypted to Read Initial Token Field (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1492 
  - Greasing for Unidirectional Stream Types (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1490 [-http] [design] 
  - Guidance for flow control and ACK of extension frames (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1487 
  - Client's initial destination CID is unauthenticated (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1486 

  20 issues received 73 new comments:
  - #1490 Greasing for Unidirectional Stream Types (14 by kazuho, martinthomson, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1490 [-http] [design] 
  - #1479 Client's initial source CID is unauthenticated (7 by kazuho, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1479 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1492 Packet Number Must Be Decrypted to Read Initial Token Field (7 by martinthomson, nibanks, kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1492 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1495 Disagreement about CID Liveness (7 by kazuho, mikkelfj, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1495 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1484 Negative Connection ID Sequence Number (6 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1484 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1486 Client's initial destination CID is unauthenticated (5 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1486 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1243 ICMP and ICMPv6 PMTUD with asymmetric connection-ids (4 by igorlord, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1243 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1505 Stateless Reset from clients, bis (4 by igorlord, hardie, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1505 
  - #1481 Fragility in ECN counters with lost acks (3 by gloinul, martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1481 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1483 Connection ID Sequence Number and Server's Preferred Address (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1483 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1438 Resending ACKs increases max_ack_delay unnecessarily (2 by jonglezb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1438 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1443 Stateless Reset Eternal Ping Pong (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1443 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1507 Can a client send 0-RTT data when receiving Retry? (2 by ekr, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1507 
  - #804 ECN echo in ACK frame or as separate frame (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/804 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #805 ECN echo encoding, detailed packet level or ECN marked bytes (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/805 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - #1448 What if the packet number of a retry packet is not zero? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1448 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1474 Retry Token Makeup (1 by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1474 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1502 Make Packet Number a standard varint, with no inference (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1502 
  - #1508 Frame type field in APPLICATION_CLOSE (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1508 
  - #1487 Guidance for flow control and ACK of extension frames (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1487 

  7 issues closed:
  - Retry Token Makeup https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1474 [-transport] [design] 
  - Applications and Stream IDs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/910 [-http] [-transport] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - Client's initial source CID is unauthenticated https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1479 [-transport] [design] 
  - ECN echo encoding, detailed packet level or ECN marked bytes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/805 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - ECN echo in ACK frame or as separate frame https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/804 [-transport] [design] [parked] 
  - Stream 0 DT proposal conflicts with PRIORITY https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1421 [-http] [design] 
  - Priority grouping node ambiguity https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/441 [-http] [design] [needs-discussion] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-7/💬22)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Editorial: initial offsets -> initial limits (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1504 
  - Server push tidy up (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1503 
  - Rework Retry packet (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1498 
  - CID Lifetime Management (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1496 [-transport] [design] 
  - qpack: section reference is broken (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1494 
  - Add an appendix related to packet number decoding. (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1493 
  - Don't Change Source CID After Retry (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1491 
  - Correct packet number example (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1489 
  - Added change logs for -13 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1488 

  10 pull requests received 22 new comments:
  - #1491 Don't Change Source CID After Retry (7 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, nibanks, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1491 
  - #1493 Add an appendix related to packet number decoding. (4 by maskit, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1493 
  - #1359 Unidirectional Stream Headers in HTTP (3 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1359 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1498 Rework Retry packet (2 by martinthomson, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1498 [-transport] 
  - #1422 Placeholders for PRIORITY (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1422 [-http] [design] 
  - #1431 Move stream type into frame type (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1431 [-transport] [design] 
  - #418 Troubleshooting flags in public header (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/418 [-transport] [parked] 
  - #1072 Define a mechanism for negotiating extensions (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1072 
  - #1478 tls: fix citation format (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1478 
  - #1237 Clarify QPACK eviction races (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1237 [-qpack] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Add an appendix related to packet number decoding.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1493 
  - qpack: section reference is broken
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1494 
  - Don't Change Source CID After Retry
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1491 
  - Added change logs for -13
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1488 
  - Unidirectional Stream Headers in HTTP
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1359 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 
  - Correct packet number example
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1489 
  - Placeholders for PRIORITY
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1422 [-http] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts