Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-8/💬33)
  6 issues created:
  - Payload should not be part of the header (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1566 
  - Http cancel race with stop sending (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1558 
  - HTTP SETTINGS: define setting content encoding (by lnicco)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1556 
  - Retry in response to 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1547 [-transport] [design] 
  - Coalescing Packet including Initial Packet would be over the MTU (by ami-GS)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1546 
  - Document when you can delete keys (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1544 

  15 issues received 33 new comments:
  - #203 Connection migration should be indistinguishable from a new connection (4 by kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/203 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1547 Retry in response to 0-RTT (4 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1547 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1428 When the sender is using standard Reno congestion control, ack every ~2 packets (4 by mirjak, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1428 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1518 Make EOED transmission optional in QUIC, please (3 by kazuho, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1518 [-tls] [design] 
  - #795 SNI encryption (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/795 [-tls] [design] [parked] 
  - #1531 Only Update max_ack_delay for Retransmittable Packets (3 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1531 [-recovery] 
  - #1505 Stateless Reset from clients, bis (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1505 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1558 Http cancel race with stop sending (2 by siyengar, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1558 [-http] [design] 
  - #1535 Long header + token and PNE (2 by kazuho, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1535 [-transport] [design] 
  - #838 Clarify PADDING vs PING frames (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/838 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1481 Fragility in ECN counters with lost acks (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1481 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1386 Stateless reset oracle defense (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1386 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1296 Packet number transform should be negotiated (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1296 [-transport] [design] 
  - #210 QUIC extensibility (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/210 [-transport] [arch] [design] [quicv2] 
  - #981 Explicitly communicate and include ACK delay in RTO computations (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/981 [-recovery] [design] [parked] 

  8 issues closed:
  - MSS and MTU https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/592 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Clarify PADDING vs PING frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/838 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - Only Update max_ack_delay for Retransmittable Packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1531 [-recovery] 
  - SNI encryption https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/795 [-tls] [design] [parked] 
  - Implicit stream open https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1342 [-transport] [design] [editor-ready] 
  - Split stream initial flow control https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1016 [-transport] [design] 
  - Packet number transform should be negotiated https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1296 [-transport] [design] 
  - QUIC extensibility https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/210 [-transport] [arch] [design] [quicv2] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+16/-9/💬7)
  16 pull requests submitted:
  - Simplify receiver verification of ECN counters (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1565 
  - Clarify the extent of the AAD (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1564 
  - Fix long lines (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1563 
  - Security considerations (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1562 
  - Clarify the extent of the AAD (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1561 
  - Clarify the extent of the AAD (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1560 
  - Remove alarm (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1559 
  - Add Definitions (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1557 
  - Exception in ECN detection when ACK loss happens (by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1555 
  - Stateless reset oracle defense (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1554 [-transport] 
  - Stateless reset is near-pointless for long headers (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1553 [-transport] [design] 
  - Allow Retry in response to 0-RTT packets (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1552 [-transport] [design] 
  - Editorial fixes (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1551 
  - Remove the discussion about when to use long header (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1550 
  - Fixup implicit stream opening (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1549 
  - Strike application-owned (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1545 

  6 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #1550 Remove the discussion about when to use long header (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1550 
  - #1540 PADDING counts towards bytes in flight (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1540 
  - #1542 Split initial MAX_STREAM_DATA transport parameters (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1542 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1533 Optimize definition IP addr in TP PreferredAddress (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1533 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1551 Editorial recovery fixes (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1551 
  - #1559 Replace alarm with timer (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1559 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify the extent of the AAD
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1564 
  - Exception in ECN detection when ACK loss happens
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1555 
  - Reference RFC5681 and RFC6928
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1245 
  - PADDING counts towards bytes in flight
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1540 
  - Fixup implicit stream opening
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1549 
  - Remove the discussion about when to use long header
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1550 
  - Split initial MAX_STREAM_DATA transport parameters
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1542 [-transport] [design] 
  - Strike application-owned
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1545 
  - Talk about HTTP/2 using HPACK in present tense
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1536 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts