Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+13/-7/💬118)
  13 issues created:
  - draft-ietf-quic-recovery: kMarkReductionFactor is not defined (by aep)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1594 
  - transport: danging reference to Section 11 of QUIC-TLS (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1593 
  - Single Stream of Bytes for CRYPTO Frames (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1592 
  - Use of "supports ECN" is confusing (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1587 
  - qpack: successful header block processing as opposed to what? (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1586 
  - qpack: control stream is not defined (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1583 
  - hq: Does ignored data/frames cause flow control updates? (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1580 
  - Go Back to Single Packet Number Space (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1579 
  - Keep PN out of AEAD (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1578 
  - Consider making long header payload length 16bits (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1577 
  - Consider encrypting the long header payload length as part of packet number encryption (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1576 
  - Consider simplifying Packet Number Encryption (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1575 
  - Connection ID lengths 1, 2 and 3 bytes can't be encoded (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1570 

  21 issues received 118 new comments:
  - #1443 Stateless Reset Eternal Ping Pong (19 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, martinthomson, ianswett, igorlord, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1443 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1577 Consider making long header payload length 16bits (16 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, ianswett, larseggert, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, mcmanus, nibanks, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1577 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1592 Single Stream of Bytes for CRYPTO Frames (15 by dtikhonov, marten-seemann, ekr, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1592 
  - #1579 Go Back to Single Packet Number Space (12 by kazuho, ianswett, ekr, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1579 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1580 hq: Does ignored data/frames cause flow control updates? (10 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1580 
  - #1556 HTTP SETTINGS: define setting content encoding (8 by lnicco, afrind, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1556 [-http] 
  - #1575 Consider simplifying Packet Number Encryption (7 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1575 [-tls] 
  - #1428 When the sender is using standard Reno congestion control, ack every ~2 packets (5 by gloinul, nibanks, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1428 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1570 Connection ID lengths 1, 2 and 3 bytes can't be encoded (5 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1570 [-invariants] [design] 
  - #1576 Consider encrypting the long header payload length as part of packet number encryption (4 by DavidSchinazi, rpaulo, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1576 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1507 Can a client send 0-RTT data when receiving Retry? (3 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1507 [-transport] [design] 
  - #814 Add a MESSAGE frame optimized for sub-MTU payloads (2 by LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/814 [-transport] [design] [quicv2] 
  - #981 Explicitly communicate and include ACK delay in RTO computations (2 by pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/981 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #941 Resume HTTP/2 TLS from QUIC ? (2 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/941 [-tls] [design] [has-proposal] [quicv2] 
  - #1017 Eliminating the fixed minimum RTO (2 by pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1017 [-recovery] [design] [parked] 
  - #1430 Interleaved Stream IDs are awkward (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1430 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1438 Resending ACKs increases max_ack_delay unnecessarily (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1438 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1578 Keep PN out of AEAD (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1578 
  - #1594 draft-ietf-quic-recovery: kMarkReductionFactor is not defined (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1594 
  - #1102 wrong MSS value in congestion avoidance phase (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1102 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1535 Long header + token and PNE (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1535 [-transport] [design] 

  7 issues closed:
  - draft-ietf-quic-recovery: kMarkReductionFactor is not defined https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1594 
  - Single Stream of Bytes for CRYPTO Frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1592 
  - hq: Does ignored data/frames cause flow control updates? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1580 
  - Fragility in ECN counters with lost acks https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1481 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - Consider encrypting the long header payload length as part of packet number encryption https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1576 [-transport] [design] 
  - wrong MSS value in congestion avoidance phase https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1102 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Interleaved Stream IDs are awkward https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1430 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+13/-8/💬17)
  13 pull requests submitted:
  - Single Packet Number Space (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591 
  - Remove alarm references from the transport doc. (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1590 
  - Do not use undefined term "successful processing" (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1589 
  - Fix: replace "control stream" with "Encoder Stream" (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1588 
  - Fix: ACKs permit encoder to evict, not to avoid eviction (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1585 
  - Add forward reference to decoder stream; fix another ref to it (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1584 
  - Remove packets from flight when RTO is verified (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1582 
  - Change early retransmit timer to 1/8th (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1581 
  - Add MaxAckDelay sub-section (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1574 
  - Add an appendix containing test vectors for "Initial". (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1573 
  - Fix: reference the newer ChaCha20 spec: RFC 8439 (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1572 
  - Recovery slides (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1571 
  - Remove MSS (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1569 

  10 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #1559 Replace alarm with timer (4 by rpaulo, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1559 
  - #1582 Remove packets from flight when RTO is verified (2 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1582 
  - #1573 Add an appendix containing test vectors for "Initial". (2 by rpaulo, masaori335)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1573 
  - #1588 Fix: replace "control stream" with "Encoder Stream" (2 by martinthomson, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1588 
  - #1496 CID Lifetime Management (2 by kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1551 Editorial recovery fixes (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1551 
  - #1562 Security considerations (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1562 
  - #1565 Simplify receiver verification of ECN counters (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1565 
  - #1572 Fix: reference the newer ChaCha20 spec: RFC 8439 (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1572 
  - #1581 Change early retransmit timer to 1/8th (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1581 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Remove alarm references from the transport doc.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1590 
  - Remove packets from flight when RTO is verified
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1582 
  - Security considerations
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1562 
  - Simplify receiver verification of ECN counters
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1565 
  - Fix: reference the newer ChaCha20 spec: RFC 8439
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1572 
  - Remove MSS
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1569 
  - Editorial recovery fixes
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1551 
  - Replace alarm with timer
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1559 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts