Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-5/💬34)
  5 issues created:
  - Only Update max_ack_delay for Retransmittable Packets (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1531 
  - Initial size of dynamic table (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1530 [-qpack] [design] 
  - HTTP should use APPLICATION_CLOSE, not CONNECTION_CLOSE (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1521 
  - Make EOED transmission optional in QUIC, please (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1518 
  - 0-RTT DCID Routing (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1513 

  11 issues received 34 new comments:
  - #1486 Client's initial destination CID is unauthenticated (8 by kazuho, janaiyengar, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1486 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1505 Stateless Reset from clients, bis (6 by igorlord, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1505 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1518 Make EOED transmission optional in QUIC, please (5 by martinthomson, ekr, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1518 [-tls] [design] 
  - #1513 0-RTT DCID Routing (5 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1513 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1511 Short header: reserved bits (2 by martinthomson, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1511 
  - #1481 Fragility in ECN counters with lost acks (2 by gloinul, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1481 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1530 Initial size of dynamic table (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1530 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1351 Reorder HTTP frame fields to put Type first (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1351 [-http] 
  - #1016 Split stream initial flow control (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1016 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1458 Coalesced packets and handshake packet limiting (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1458 [-transport] [design] 
  - #446 HOL blocking on Finished (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/446 [-tls] [design] [parked] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Greasing for Unidirectional Stream Types https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1490 [-http] [design] 
  - Coalesced packets and handshake packet limiting https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1458 [-transport] [design] 
  - Short header: reserved bits https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1511 [-transport] [design] 
  - HOL blocking on Finished https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/446 [-tls] [design] [parked] 
  - Reorder HTTP frame fields to put Type first https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1351 [-http] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-8/💬10)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Describe variable-length integer fields explicitly as variable-length encoded (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1534 
  - Optimize definition IP addr in TP PreferredAddress (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1533 
  - Move HTTP_*PACK_COMPRESSION_FAILED to QPACK (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1532 
  - Application close  (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1528 [-transport] 
  - Tolerate unknown stream types, add greasing (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1525 [-http] [design] 
  - Use APPLICATION_CLOSE for hq errors (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1522 
  - ACK_ECN type value is not incremented (by ami-GS)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1520 
  - Add cautionary text about PADDING and congestion control (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1517 
  - Fix number agreement: a number _is_ reduced (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1515 
  - Permit 0-RTT after Retry and VN (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1514 
  - Tweak TLS API (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1512 

  7 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #1533 Optimize definition IP addr in TP PreferredAddress (3 by MikeBishop, dtikhonov, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1533 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1359 Unidirectional Stream Headers in HTTP (2 by janaiyengar, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1359 [-http] [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1514 Permit 0-RTT after Retry and VN (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1514 [-transport] 
  - #1515 Fix number agreement: a number _is_ reduced (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1515 
  - #1517 Add cautionary text about PADDING and congestion control (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1517 
  - #1520 ACK_ECN type value is not incremented (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1520 
  - #1525 Tolerate unknown stream types, add greasing (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1525 [-http] [design] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Describe variable-length integer fields explicitly as variable-length encoded
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1534 
  - Tolerate unknown stream types, add greasing
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1525 [-http] [design] 
  - ACK_ECN type value is not incremented
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1520 
  - Application close 
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1528 [-transport] 
  - Add cautionary text about PADDING and congestion control
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1517 
  - Fix number agreement: a number _is_ reduced
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1515 
  - Add TP disable_migration to the registry
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1510 
  - Fix: octets do not have arbitrary length
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1509 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts