Subject: Connection coalescing in HTTP/QUIC

From: Frederik Deweerdt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 15:48:24 -0700

Hello,

In draft-ietf-quic-http-16 "2.4. Connection Reuse" states:

>  Clients MUST NOT assume that an HTTP/QUIC endpoint is authoritative for other origins without an explicit signal.

The explicit signal bit (is it referring to an origin frame?) reads
more restrictive than connection coalescing for HTTP/2. Does that mean
that clients wouldn't
be coalescing connections based on what the certificate is
authoritative for and the DNS resolution results?

Thanks,

Frederik

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 23:03:08 +0000

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 22:48 Frederik Deweerdt, <fdeweerdt=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> The explicit signal bit (is it referring to an origin frame?) reads more restrictive than connection coalescing for HTTP/2. Does that mean that clients wouldn't
> be coalescing connections based on what the certificate is authoritative for and the DNS resolution results?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frederik
>
>
This PR might be the best explanation
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/940

Another side effect of not having an HTTP/QUIC native URI.