Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+10/-12/💬68)
  10 issues created:
  - "Handshake Packet" is Overloaded (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1836 
  - Recommended response for empty packets (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1835 
  - Flow control for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (by vasilvv)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1834 
  - Forbid TLS-level KeyUpdate in draft-ietf-quic-tls (by davidben)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1833 
  - HTTP: State that an empty SETTINGS frame is legal (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1832 
  - Optional packet length field in the short header? (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1831 
  - Contradicting statement about when CID can be changed during the handshake (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1830 
  - Spin bit should be applied per each 5-tuple rather than per connection (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1828 
  - PLPMTUD section claims that PADDING frames generate ACKs (by ajmacedonia)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1827 
  - Use a "stream" for transmitting CIDs (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1826 

  17 issues received 68 new comments:
  - #1826 Use a "stream" for transmitting CIDs (24 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, nibanks, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1826 
  - #1828 Spin bit should be applied per each 5-tuple rather than per connection (10 by kazuho, ianswett, larseggert, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1828 
  - #1835 Recommended response for empty packets (7 by kazuho, nibanks, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1835 
  - #1834 Flow control for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (6 by kazuho, davidben)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1834 
  - #1831 Optional packet length field in the short header? (4 by britram, nibanks, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1831 [-transport] 
  - #1575 Consider simplifying Packet Number Encryption (3 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1575 [-tls] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #1833 Forbid TLS-level KeyUpdate in draft-ietf-quic-tls (3 by mikkelfj, davidben, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1833 [-tls] [design] 
  - #941 Resume HTTP/2 TLS from QUIC ? (2 by martinduke, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/941 [-tls] [design] [has-proposal] [quicv2] 
  - #1827 PLPMTUD section claims that PADDING frames generate ACKs (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1827 
  - #1464 Confusion about number of outstanding CIDs (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1464 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1468 Prevent connection ID exhaustion (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1468 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1729 Connection ID Garbage Collection (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1729 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1483 Connection ID Sequence Number and Server's Preferred Address (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1483 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1484 Negative Connection ID Sequence Number (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1484 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1486 Client's initial destination CID is unauthenticated (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1486 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1495 Disagreement about CID Liveness (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1495 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1655 Change packet types (1 by mjoras)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1655 [-transport] [design] 

  12 issues closed:
  - Confusion about number of outstanding CIDs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1464 [-transport] [design] 
  - Prevent connection ID exhaustion https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1468 [-transport] [design] 
  - Connection ID Sequence Number and Server's Preferred Address https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1483 [-transport] [design] 
  - Negative Connection ID Sequence Number https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1484 [-transport] [design] 
  - Client's initial destination CID is unauthenticated https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1486 [-transport] [design] 
  - Disagreement about CID Liveness https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1495 [-transport] [design] 
  - Connection ID Garbage Collection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1729 [-transport] [design] 
  - Avoid renewing retired connection IDs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1799 [-transport] 
  - Subsequent Initial Packets with Token Field https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1649 [-transport] [design] [editor-ready] 
  - Handshake loss recovery interacts poorly with amplification attack defense https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1764 [-transport] [design] [editor-ready] 
  - QPACK improvement: wrap absolute index values https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1644 [-qpack] [design] 
  - HTTP header compression: static table fit for QUIC https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/904 [-qpack] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-9/💬10)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Sequence for Connection IDs, RETIRE (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1829 [-transport] [design] 
  - Handshake deadlock (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1824 
  - Remove QUIC_FLOW_CONTROL_RECEIVED_TOO_MUCH_DATA (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1823 

  6 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #1818 Clarify crypto context for Connection Close (3 by kazuho, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1818 
  - #1815 transport: Initialize a changelog for draft-15 (2 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1815 
  - #1822 Track smallest_newly_acked to prevent spurious RTO (2 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1822 
  - #1820 Drop HTTP settings' maxima -- they serve no purpose (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1820 
  - #1821 Add sequence number to NCID frame (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1821 
  - #1824 Handshake deadlock (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1824 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Add sequence number to CID frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1821 
  - Sequence for Connection IDs, RETIRE
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1829 [-transport] [design] 
  - Track smallest_newly_acked to prevent spurious RTO
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1822 
  - transport: add missing 2 new TP on IANA table
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1814 
  - Include a token on all Initial packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1794 [-transport] 
  - Handshake deadlock
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1824 
  - QPACK: Encode Largest Reference modulo MaxEntries
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1763 [-qpack] 
  - QPACK:  Updated Static Table
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1355 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Drop HTTP settings' maxima -- they serve no purpose
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1820 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts