Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 00:45:20 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-6/💬60)
  11 issues created:
  - Make Client TP Optional (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1892 
  - DATA frame encoding is inefficient for long dynamically generated bodies (by RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1885 
  - Need to clarify QUIC stream usage in HTTP/2 mapping (by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1882 
  - Should we collapse APPLICATION_CLOSE and CONNECTION_CLOSE (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1881 
  - Permitted frame types (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1880 
  - RST_STREAM can (still) cause flow control problems (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1878 
  - Channel binding (by DemiMarie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1877 
  - Heartbeats (by DemiMarie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1876 
  - Post-quantum cryptography integration (by DemiMarie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1875 
  - Formal analysis of the protocol (by DemiMarie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1874 
  - FTP integration (by DemiMarie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1873 

  14 issues received 60 new comments:
  - #1885 DATA frame encoding is inefficient for long dynamically generated bodies (31 by kazuho, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinthomson, ianswett, RyanAtGoogle, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1885 [-http] [design] 
  - #1878 RST_STREAM can (still) cause flow control problems (10 by mikkelfj, ianswett, martinthomson, MikeBishop, RyanAtGoogle, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1878 
  - #1871 Multihoming support (3 by mikkelfj, DemiMarie, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1871 
  - #1874 Formal analysis of the protocol (3 by ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1874 [-tls] [parked] 
  - #1892 Make Client TP Optional (2 by kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1892 
  - #1880 Permitted frame types (2 by kazuho, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1880 
  - #1853 Does GOAWAY really need a stream number? (2 by ddragana, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1853 [-http] [design] 
  - #1865 In-order priority changes in HQ does not hold (1 by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1865 
  - #1875 Post-quantum cryptography integration (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1875 
  - #1872 Kerberos integration (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1872 
  - #1873 FTP integration (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1873 
  - #1877 Channel binding (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1877 
  - #1876 Heartbeats (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1876 
  - #1882 Need to clarify QUIC stream usage in HTTP/2 mapping (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1882 

  6 issues closed:
  - Permitted frame types https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1880 
  - Channel binding https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1877 
  - Heartbeats https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1876 
  - Post-quantum cryptography integration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1875 
  - Multihoming support https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1871 
  - Kerberos integration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1872 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-2/💬10)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Minor edits to amplification attack text (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1895 
  - Explicitly suggest FIN or RST_STREAM (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1893 
  - Crisp definition of BLOCKING and friends (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1889 [-transport] 
  - Remove some excessive nesting from reorg (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1887 
  - Reorganizes drafts (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1884 

  7 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #1893 Explicitly suggest FIN or RST_STREAM (3 by RyanAtGoogle, kazuho, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1893 
  - #1819 Let Endpoints Ignore invalid Initial Packets (2 by martinthomson, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1819 
  - #1665 Full (mostly) editorial pass (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1665 
  - #1862 Amplification limit in recovery (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1862 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1869 Improve description of max_ack_delay transport parameter (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1869 
  - #1843 Move server send limitations (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1843 
  - #1844 Clarify coalesced packet processing (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1844 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Reorganizes drafts
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1884 
  - WIP: High-level restructure of transport draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1857 [unicorns!!!] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts