Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 00:45:14 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-3/💬57)
  9 issues created:
  - Transport parameter "original connection ID" if no retry (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1855 
  - Does GOAWAY really need a stream number? (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1853 [-http] [design] 
  - STREAM_ID_BLOCKED frame can't encode being blocked on stream 0 (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1850 
  - PRIORITY frame illustration is unclear (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1848 
  - HTTP SETTINGS: why reuse codepoint 0x3? (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1847 
  - Asymmetry in the handling of SETTINGS frame (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1846 
  - Should the key update expansion use "quic " or "tls13 "? (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1845 
  - When to ignore coalesced packets and when to terminate the connection (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1840 
  - ECN counters and Coalescing of QUIC packets (by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1838 

  9 issues received 57 new comments:
  - #1846 Asymmetry in the handling of SETTINGS frame (28 by kazuho, afrind, MikeBishop, RyanAtGoogle, lnicco, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1846 [-http] [design] 
  - #1850 STREAM_ID_BLOCKED frame can't encode being blocked on stream 0 (12 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, nibanks, ianswett, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1850 
  - #1853 Does GOAWAY really need a stream number? (6 by kazuho, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1853 [-http] [design] 
  - #1831 Optional packet length field in the short header? (2 by larseggert, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1831 [-transport] 
  - #1835 Recommended response for empty packets (2 by igorlord, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1835 
  - #1836 "Handshake Packet" is Overloaded (2 by martinduke, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1836 
  - #941 Resume HTTP/2 TLS from QUIC ? (2 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/941 [-tls] [design] [has-proposal] [quicv2] 
  - #1855 Transport parameter "original connection ID" if no retry (2 by janaiyengar, hardie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1855 
  - #1840 When to ignore coalesced packets and when to terminate the connection (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1840 

  3 issues closed:
  - Optional packet length field in the short header? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1831 [-transport] 
  - Resume HTTP/2 TLS from QUIC ? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/941 [-tls] [design] [has-proposal] [quicv2] 
  - Recommended response for empty packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1835 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-2/💬6)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - First iteration over transport draft (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1857 
  - Parenthesize 2 * MaxEntries to prevent naive errors (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1856 
  - WIP: Reorganize QPACK (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1852 
  - change the STREAM_ID_BLOCKED frame to encode stream 0 (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1851 
  - Clarify coalesced packet processing (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1844 
  - Move server send limitations (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1843 
  - Rename is_handshake_packets in quic-recovery (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1842 
  - Fix Frame # for RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1841 
  - Terminate the connection if there are no frames (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1839 

  3 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #1851 change the STREAM_ID_BLOCKED frame to encode stream 0 (4 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1851 
  - #1841 Fix Frame # for RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1841 
  - #1844 Clarify coalesced packet processing (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1844 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Fix Frame # for RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1841 
  - Terminate the connection if there are no frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1839 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts