Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-4/💬27)
  4 issues created:
  - Receipt of STOP_SENDING on already-closed stream (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2048 
  - Expand on " (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2047 
  - Rename QPACK to HPACK3? (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2041 
  - Congestion window on new path (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2035 

  11 issues received 27 new comments:
  - #2041 Rename QPACK to HPACK3? (7 by kazuho, bagder, dtikhonov, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2041 
  - #2015 OnPacketsLost for Nonretransmittable Packets (5 by kazuho, marten-seemann, janaiyengar, pravb, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2015 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2022 Short header reserved bits: make available for unilateral experimentation (3 by igorlord, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2022 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2048 Receipt of STOP_SENDING on already-closed stream (2 by dtikhonov, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2048 
  - #1994 endpoints don't know how many connection IDs the peer is willing to store (2 by ekr, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1994 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2026 Can Initial/0-RTT CIDs safely be used for routing? (2 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2026 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2035 Congestion window on new path (2 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2035 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1967 Loss events for reordered 0- and 0.5-RTT data (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1967 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1997 Include the QUIC version in the transport key labels (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1997 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2009 bytes_in_flight update issue (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2009 [-recovery] 
  - #2018 Why are stateless reset tokens 16 bytes long? (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2018 [-transport] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Rename QPACK to HPACK3? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2041 
  - Consider simplifying Packet Number Encryption https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1575 [-tls] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - Congestion window on new path https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2035 [-transport] [design] 
  - Include the QUIC version in the transport key labels https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1997 [-tls] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+13/-3/💬43)
  13 pull requests submitted:
  - TLS provides AEAD and KDF (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2046 [-tls] 
  - Discard Initial keys as soon as possible (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2045 [-recovery] [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - transport: fix broken references to -recovery (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2043 
  - QPACK: update language to use HTTP/3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2042 
  - Reset connection state on retry and VN (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2040 
  - Alternate fix to the issue (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2039 
  - Default settings in HTTP (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2038 [-http] [design] 
  - Fix typo: doubled word (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2037 
  - Rewrite Packet Size section (by adventureloop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2036 
  - Use the same KDF regardless of TLS version (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2034 [-tls] [design] 
  - Fix for off-path migration attack (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2033 [-transport] [design] 
  - always use "tls13 " prefix for Initial packets (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2032 
  - Pad rather than shift the header protection offset (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2030 [-tls] [design] 

  12 pull requests received 43 new comments:
  - #2034 Use the same KDF regardless of TLS version (17 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, martinthomson, ghedo, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2034 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2030 Pad rather than shift the header protection offset (8 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, mikkelfj, marten-seemann, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2030 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2024 Reset the handshake timer on Retry and VN (3 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2024 
  - #2028 Ignore loss of undecryptable packets (3 by rpaulo, martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2028 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2032 always use "tls13 " prefix for Initial packets (3 by kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2032 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2038 Default settings in HTTP (2 by RyanAtGoogle, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2038 [-http] [design] 
  - #2040 Reset connection state on retry and VN (2 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2040 
  - #2003 Interaction of FIN and message parsing (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2003 [-http] [design] 
  - #2033 Fix for off-path migration attack (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2033 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2039 Connection state is reset on Retry or VN (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2039 
  - #2042 QPACK: update language to use HTTP/3 (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2042 
  - #2043 transport: fix broken references to -recovery (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2043 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - transport: fix broken references to -recovery
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2043 
  - Pad rather than shift the header protection offset
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2030 [-tls] [design] 
  - always use "tls13 " prefix for Initial packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2032 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts