Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+14/-1/💬82)
  14 issues created:
  - Clarify 1200 bytes Initial packet rule (by tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1987 
  - Consider dynamic hybrid between time-based and packet-based loss detection (by maolson-msft)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1986 
  - Loss recovery draft section 4.3.1.1 clarification (by nekiz)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1983 
  - Define server behavior for initial packets with < 8 byte DCID (by gjnance)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1981 
  - Reserve Long Header Packet Type for QUIC-LB (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1980 
  - Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (by bbriscoe)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 
  - Exempt all ACK frames from congestion control (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1977 
  - http deadlock with stream FIN choices (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1972 
  - Where does the "quic " HKDF label apply? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1971 [-tls] [design] 
  - Remove using_time_based_loss_detection from Recovery draft (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1969 [-recovery] 
  - Recovery draft unclear about when to stop sending an ACK for every packet when packets are missing (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1968 [-recovery] 
  - Loss events for reordered 0- and 0.5-RTT data (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1967 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Spurious RTO detection (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1966 
  - Bad Edge Case in Recovery Draft (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1964 

  15 issues received 82 new comments:
  - #1971 Where does the "quic " HKDF label apply? (13 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, kazuho, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1971 [-tls] [design] 
  - #1972 http deadlock with stream FIN choices (13 by kazuho, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, martinduke, nibanks, RyanAtGoogle, afrind, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1972 
  - #1828 Spin bit should be applied per each 5-tuple rather than per connection (11 by kazuho, mikkelfj, britram, erickinnear, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1828 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1980 Reserve Long Header Packet Type for QUIC-LB (11 by kazuho, marten-seemann, siyengar, martinduke, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1980 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1978 Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (7 by siyengar, ianswett, bbriscoe, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 
  - #1969 Remove kUsingTimeLossDetection from Recovery draft (5 by maolson-msft, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1969 [-recovery] 
  - #1952 Sequence Number between CID length and CID is weird (4 by martinthomson, kazuho, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1952 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1977 Exempt all ACK frames from congestion control (4 by siyengar, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1977 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1278 Connection migration failure mode (4 by erickinnear, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1278 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1981 Define server behavior for initial packets with < 8 byte DCID (3 by gjnance, martinthomson, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1981 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1964 Bad Edge Case in Recovery Draft (2 by martinduke, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1964 
  - #1966 Spurious RTO detection (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1966 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1987 Clarify 1200 bytes Initial packet rule (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1987 
  - #1967 Loss events for reordered 0- and 0.5-RTT data (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1967 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #631 On-path calculation of RTT (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/631 [-transport] [arch] [design] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Define server behavior for initial packets with < 8 byte DCID https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1981 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-2/💬30)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Add spin bit to transport draft (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1988 
  - Fix typo introduced in 23d95c3fc6839 (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1985 
  - add whitespace after semicolon in static header table (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1984 
  - Spin per peer (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1982 
  - remove negotiated spin (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1979 
  - Remove "quic " HKDF label (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1976 [-tls] [design] 
  - Mention BBR as an example of an alternative congestion control mechanism (by loganaden)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1975 
  - Recovery uses both time and packet thresholds (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1974 
  - Update the salt in preparation for -17 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1970 [-tls] 
  - Prevent an unlikely deadlock (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1965 
  - Reorder the NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1963 [-transport] 

  6 pull requests received 30 new comments:
  - #1901 Compatible version upgrade (11 by martinthomson, kazuho, igorlord, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1901 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1965 Prevent an unlikely deadlock (8 by maolson-msft, ekr, mikkelfj, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1965 
  - #1963 Reorder the NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame (4 by kazuho, ekr, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1963 [-transport] 
  - #1975 Mention BBR as an example of an alternative congestion control mechanism (3 by martinthomson, ekr, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1975 
  - #1974 Recovery uses both time and packet thresholds (3 by siyengar, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1974 
  - #1984 add whitespace after semicolon in static header table (1 by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1984 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - remove negotiated spin
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1979 
  - Editorial cleanup of Recovery
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1957 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts