Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 00:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-0/💬70)
  6 issues created:
  - Why are stateless reset tokens 16 bytes long? (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2018 
  - OnPacketsLost for Nonretransmittable Packets (by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2015 
  - Is SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS sent by client an error? (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2010 
  - bytes_in_flight update issue (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2009 [-recovery] 
  - congestion window should be reduced after RTO when no pacing (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2007 
  - Do we need two ways to represent Base Index? (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2002 

  9 issues received 70 new comments:
  - #1797 STOP_SENDING in Ready state (22 by RyanAtGoogle, mikkelfj, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1797 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1978 Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (13 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1972 http deadlock with stream FIN choices (9 by RyanAtGoogle, DavidSchinazi, kazuho, dtikhonov, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1972 [-http] [design] 
  - #1989 frame type field of CONNECTION_CLOSE provides little value (8 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, martinthomson, MikeBishop, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1989 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2002 Do we need two ways to represent Base Index? (6 by kazuho, dtikhonov, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2002 [-qpack] 
  - #2018 Why are stateless reset tokens 16 bytes long? (4 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2018 
  - #2015 OnPacketsLost for Nonretransmittable Packets (4 by mikkelfj, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2015 
  - #1990 encoding of CONNECTION_CLOSE reason phrases (2 by janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1990 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1994 endpoints don't know how many connection IDs the peer is willing to store (2 by janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1994 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-2/💬15)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - allow retiring of all stateless tokens (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2017 
  - remove a duplicate sentence in the stateless reset section (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2016 
  - 201811161345 decoders dont receive resets (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014 
  - STOP_SENDING opens streams (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2013 [-transport] [design] 
  - Clarify MAX_STREAMS (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2012 
  - Expands CID size text just a bit (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2008 
  - First octet changes (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2006 [-transport] [design] 
  - Avoid having multiple ways to encode Delta Base Index of zero (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2005 
  - Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2004 
  - Don't wait for FIN to process complete messages (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2003 [-http] [design] 
  - Refine minimum DCID length of Initial (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2001 

  7 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #2006 First octet changes (6 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2006 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1984 add whitespace after semicolon in static header table (2 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1984 
  - #2003 Don't wait for FIN to process complete messages (2 by RyanAtGoogle, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2003 [-http] [design] 
  - #2013 STOP_SENDING opens streams (2 by kazuho, siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2013 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1998 introduce a max_connection_ids transport parameter (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1998 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1975 Mention CUBIC as an example of an alternative congestion control mechanism (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1975 
  - #2004 Mike's recovery comments on Cubic (1 by loganaden)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2004 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Mike's recovery comments on Cubic
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2004 
  - Update the salt in preparation for -17
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1970 [-tls] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts