Subject: QUIC, DATAGRAM, and real-time media

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 14:16:46 +0100

Hi,

we didn't wanna disturb finalizing the current WG drafts with this,
but since DATAGRAM is being discussed broadly anyway, we might as
well add our two cents.

In a nutshell: it may be worthwhile having minimal extra support than
just a plain UDP (or: DTLS) equivalent in QUIC to better accommodate
real-time media in the future.

Colin and myself put together a paper on an analysis how to do
real-time media over QUIC that systematically covers quite a bit of
background and an in-depth comparison of different protocol features.
The paper will appear at the EPIQ 2018 Workshop in December, co-located
with ACM CoNEXT.  We are working towards an I-D version of it but could
not meet the draft deadline.  So I am attaching a PDF of the pre-print.

Colin & Jörg

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 14:40:39 +0000

Thanks for sharing, I'll come back with some comments once I get the chance
to read more in depth.

Lucas