Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 00:45:14 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-5/💬35)
  9 issues created:
  - stateless reset packet detection when SCID is not zero length (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2269 
  - loss of only two packets can lead to an unrecoverable situation (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2267 
  - "hq" stil used as ALPN token in HTTP/3 Connection Establishment (by ksmurchison)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2264 
  - Make ALPN mandatory in QUIC-via-TLS (by vasilvv)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2263 
  - RESET_STREAM.final_offset is ambiguous (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2262 
  - amplification attack using Retry and VN triggered by coalesced Initial packets (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2259 
  - Initial maximum table size needs clarification. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2258 
  - persistent congestion is more aggressive than RTO verified (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2255 
  - Consider making h3 frame types varint (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2253 [-http] [design] 

  12 issues received 35 new comments:
  - #2253 Consider making h3 frame types varint (10 by kazuho, dtikhonov, DavidSchinazi, ianswett, ekr, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2253 [-http] [design] 
  - #2259 amplification attack using Retry and VN triggered by coalesced Initial packets (8 by marten-seemann, dtikhonov, ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2259 
  - #2263 Make ALPN mandatory in QUIC-via-TLS (5 by kazuho, marten-seemann, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2263 
  - #2246 AES-Based Header Protection still mentions "counter input" (2 by rpaulo, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2246 
  - #2255 persistent congestion is more aggressive than RTO verified (2 by marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2255 
  - #2228 How do I generate an RST? (2 by martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2228 [-http] 
  - #2112 Largest Reference algorithm can produce invalid values (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2112 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2162 Limit sending while in RTO (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2162 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2221 Other ways to discover QUIC besides Alt-Svc (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2221 [-http] [design] 
  - #2264 "hq" stil used as ALPN token in HTTP/3 Connection Establishment (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2264 
  - #2267 loss of only two packets can lead to an unrecoverable situation (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2267 
  - #2227 It's annoying that one can't send push in 0.5RTT (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2227 [-http] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Duplicate line in h2 stream mapping table https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2247 
  - AES-Based Header Protection still mentions "counter input" https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2246 
  - Other ways to discover QUIC besides Alt-Svc https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2221 [-http] [design] 
  - Limits on PATH_CHALLENGE/RESPONSE rate https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2129 [-transport] [design] 
  - More ECN verification failure modes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2198 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+17/-3/💬29)
  17 pull requests submitted:
  - Add missing warning about ODCIL encoding (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2273 
  - Fix two typos in the transport draft (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2272 
  - stateless reset packet minimum size is 39 bytes (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2271 
  - Fix: detect stateless reset if connection not found (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270 
  - only require RESET_STREAM on STOP_SENDING in Ready and Sent state (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2268 
  - Simplify Alt-Svc example (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2266 
  - ALPN "hq" -> "h3" (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2265 
  - Avoid data corruption with wrapped Largest Reference. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2261 
  - Fix: packet number length is encoded in byte 0 (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2260 
  - Initial maximum table size is SETTINGS_HEADER_TABLE_SIZE. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2257 
  - Initial maximum table size is zero. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2256 
  - Change ACK Range to ACK Block (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2254 
  - Fix RFC number for AEAD in -transport (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2252 
  - Explicitly talk about Largest Reference zero. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2251 
  - Call Largest Reference on the wire something else. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250 
  - Invalid Largest Reference is a connection error. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2249 
  - Alternative Largest Reference Decoding algorithm. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2248 

  9 pull requests received 29 new comments:
  - #2235 Make HTTP frames a TLV format. This has several advantages: (17 by kazuho, mikkelfj, ekr, ianswett, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2235 [-http] [design] 
  - #2133 Simplify version negotiation (3 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2133 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2237 Rework Key Update (3 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2215 Don't verify ECN counts for out of order ACKs (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2215 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2248 Alternative Largest Reference Decoding algorithm. (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2248 
  - #2249 Invalid Largest Reference is a connection error. (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2249 
  - #1642 Initial table size is the maximum permitted when table is first usable (1 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1642 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1965 Use PTO to declare in-flight packets lost (1 by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1965 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2245 Omit already acknowledged ACK Blocks (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2245 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Use PTO to declare in-flight packets lost
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1965 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Omit already acknowledged ACK Blocks
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2245 
  - Don't verify ECN counts for out of order ACKs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2215 [-transport] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts