Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 00:45:19 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-8/💬25)
  5 issues created:
  - Echoing HTTP_REQUEST_CANCELLED from STOP_SENDING has unintended semantics (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2106 [-http] 
  - Guidelines for Retransmitting Lost Data (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2103 
  - Should retiring all CIDs be an error? (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2101 
  - Avoid creating QPACK codec streams when unnecessary (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2100 
  - Server Initial verification for Attacker On The Side defense (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2097 

  9 issues received 25 new comments:
  - #2060 compensation of ack_delay is fragile against errors (8 by kazuho, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2060 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2097 Server Initial verification for Attacker On The Side defense (4 by kazuho, huitema, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2097 
  - #1978 Sender-Controlled Delayed ACK Ratio (3 by IngJohEricsson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1978 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2084 Correlating connection ids (2 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2084 
  - #2091 High BDP and adapted congestion control (2 by NicoKos, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2091 [-recovery] 
  - #2103 Guidelines for Retransmitting Lost Data (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2103 [-recovery] 
  - #2018 Why are stateless reset tokens 16 bytes long? (2 by martinthomson, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2018 [-transport] 
  - #2101 Should retiring all CIDs be an error? (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2101 
  - #2106 Echoing HTTP_REQUEST_CANCELLED from STOP_SENDING has unintended semantics (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2106 [-http] [design] [yaec!] 

  8 issues closed:
  - compensation of ack_delay is fragile against errors https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2060 [-recovery] [design] 
  - In-order priority changes in HQ does not hold https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1865 [-http] [design] 
  - Why are stateless reset tokens 16 bytes long? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2018 [-transport] 
  - DATA frame encoding is inefficient for long dynamically generated bodies https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1885 [-http] [design] 
  - Push promise history to detect conflicting header field values https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1864 [-http] [design] 
  - SetLossDetectionTime negative timeout https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2052 [-recovery] 
  - Connection migration failure mode https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1278 [-transport] [design] 
  - Remove kUsingTimeLossDetection from Recovery draft https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1969 [-recovery] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-14/💬76)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Ack eliciting (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2105 
  - Make in_flight the criterion for declaring loss (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2104 
  - Fix QPACK-04 changelog: add two non-editorial changes (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2102 
  - Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2099 
  - Allow the HTTP/3 DATA frame to extend to the end of the stream (by RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2098 
  - NEW_CONNECTION_ID: use sequence number for one CID only (by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2096 

  17 pull requests received 76 new comments:
  - #2098 Allow the HTTP/3 DATA frame to extend to the end of the stream (20 by kazuho, mikkelfj, ianswett, martinthomson, MikeBishop, RyanAtGoogle, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2098 [-http] [design] 
  - #2075 Define initial PRIORITY frame and remove exclusive dependencies (10 by kazuho, dtikhonov, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2075 [-http] [design] 
  - #2104 Make in_flight the criterion for declaring loss (8 by mikkelfj, nibanks, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2104 [-recovery] 
  - #2064 Amplification attack using retry tokens and spoofed addresses (7 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, huitema, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2064 
  - #2090 create codec streams only when necessary (7 by kazuho, siyengar, martinthomson, MikeBishop, lnicco, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2090 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2096 NEW_CONNECTION_ID: use sequence number for one CID only (5 by dtikhonov, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2096 
  - #2062 Adjusting latest RTT by ack delay (3 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2062 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1226 split fast retransmit modes (3 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1226 [-recovery] 
  - #2076 Initials carrying different first ClientHello are considered as belonging to different connections (2 by kazuho, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2076 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2089 Repeat tokens in all Initial packets (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2089 
  - #1763 QPACK: Encode Largest Reference modulo MaxEntries (2 by bencebeky, dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1763 [-qpack] 
  - #2021 Account for loss_time in DetectLostPackets (2 by siyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2021 
  - #1412 Updated ICMP PMTU section (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1412 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2068 Minor editorial changes (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2068 
  - #2099 Limit ack_delay by max_ack_delay (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2099 
  - #1974 Recovery uses both time and packet thresholds (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1974 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2033 Fix for off-path migration attack (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2033 [-transport] [design] 

  14 pull requests merged:
  - Limit ack_delay by max_ack_delay
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2099 
  - Ack eliciting
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2105 
  - Define initial PRIORITY frame and remove exclusive dependencies
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2075 [-http] [design] 
  - No RTT for non-retransmittable packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078 
  - Allow the HTTP/3 DATA frame to extend to the end of the stream
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2098 [-http] [design] 
  - DUPLICATE_PUSH instead of multiple PUSH_PROMISE frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2072 [-http] [design] 
  - Prevent int underflow
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2065 
  - Avoid having multiple ways to encode Delta Base Index of zero
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2005 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Repeat tokens in all Initial packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2089 
  - Fix for off-path migration attack
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2033 [-transport] [design] 
  - Minor editorial changes
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2068 
  - PING loss does not require repair
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2094 
  - Recovery uses both time and packet thresholds
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1974 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Editorial rework
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2080 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts