Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+18/-1/💬51)
  18 issues created:
  - Duplicate line in h2 stream mapping table (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2247 
  - Change to AES-CBC still mentions "counter input" (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2246 
  - description of persistent congestion threshold is wrong (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2243 
  - Why is CANCEL_PUSH limited to being used before the stream was created? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2234 
  - Why are setting identifiers not varints? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2233 
  - Should receipt of multiple promises really be an error? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2232 
  - HTTP Errors aren't consistent (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2231 
  - What indicates the end of a message? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2230 
  - Can I send non-data frames on CONNECT streams? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2229 
  - How do I generate an RST? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2228 
  - It's annoying that one can't send push in 0.5RTT (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2227 
  - Why do I have to explicitly cancel after GOAWAY (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2226 
  - Confusing text around push streams (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2225 
  - Why do control streams need to be typed? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2224 
  - When can you coalesce connections (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223 
  - Other mechanisms besides SNI? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2222 
  - Other ways to discover QUIC besides Alt-Svc (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2221 
  - Move HTTP Section 5 before Section 4 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2220 

  17 issues received 51 new comments:
  - #2224 Why do control streams need to be typed? (14 by kazuho, mikkelfj, dtikhonov, martinthomson, nibanks, RyanAtGoogle, ekr, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2224 [-http] [design] 
  - #2227 It's annoying that one can't send push in 0.5RTT (9 by kazuho, mikkelfj, martinthomson, LPardue, ekr, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2227 [-http] 
  - #2228 How do I generate an RST? (5 by afrind, janaiyengar, ekr, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2228 [-http] 
  - #2097 Server Initial verification for Attacker On The Side defense (3 by martinthomson, huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2097 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2232 Should receipt of multiple promises really be an error? (3 by martinthomson, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2232 [-http] [design] 
  - #2233 Why are setting identifiers not varints? (3 by kazuho, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2233 [-http] [design] 
  - #2112 Largest Reference algorithm can produce invalid values (2 by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2112 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2214 simultaneous key update can lead to deadlock (2 by martinthomson, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2214 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2230 What indicates the end of a message? (2 by kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2230 [-http] [design] 
  - #2205 Largest acked in ACK frame MUST NOT decrease (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2205 [-transport] 
  - #2243 description of persistent congestion threshold is wrong (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2243 
  - #2223 When can you coalesce connections (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223 [-http] [design] 
  - #2129 Limits on PATH_CHALLENGE/RESPONSE rate (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2129 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2221 Other ways to discover QUIC besides Alt-Svc (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2221 [-http] [design] 
  - #2222 Other mechanisms besides SNI? (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2222 [-http] 
  - #1773 Build a version negotiation mechanism that mostly doesn't add round trips (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1773 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2234 Why is CANCEL_PUSH limited to being used before the stream was created? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2234 [-http] 

  1 issues closed:
  - RTO->PTO in transport https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2206 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-1/💬36)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Omit already acknowledged ACK Blocks (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2245 
  - Congestion window reduced on ACK (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2244 
  - s/RTO/PTO/g and consequences (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2238 [-transport] [design] 
  - Rework Key Update (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 
  - Make HTTP frames a TLV format. This has several advantages: (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2235 

  4 pull requests received 36 new comments:
  - #2237 Rework Key Update (16 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2237 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2235 Make HTTP frames a TLV format. This has several advantages: (10 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj, dtikhonov, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2235 
  - #2215 Don't verify ECN counts for out of order ACKs (6 by mikkelfj, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2215 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2133 Simplify version negotiation (4 by DavidSchinazi, kazuho, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2133 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - s/RTO/PTO/g and consequences
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2238 [-transport] [design] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts