Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-6/💬66)
  11 issues created:
  - Optimistic ACK in early handshake (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2192 
  - Should number of Tail Loss Probes be 1 or 2? (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2185 
  - kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive (by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 
  - Is Retry a new connection or what? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2180 
  - If you don't reset DCID you will repeat keys. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2179 
  - Rename ACK block something else? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2178 
  - Key Diversity (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2175 
  - Don't levy requirements on non-QUIC TLS endpoints (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2174 
  - Using caution (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2173 
  - What's a short period? (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2172 
  - ChaCha inputs (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2171 

  20 issues received 66 new comments:
  - #2184 kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive (9 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, janaiyengar, marten-seemann, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2063 ICMP DOS (8 by martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2063 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2156 ECN not required (7 by britram, janaiyengar, gloinul, mnot, ianswett, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2156 [-transport] 
  - #2145 Don't change CID on peer CID change (5 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2145 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2179 If you don't reset DCID you will repeat keys. (4 by martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2179 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2151 Where can you send CONNECTION_CLOSE (4 by martinthomson, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2151 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2174 Don't levy requirements on non-QUIC TLS endpoints (4 by martinthomson, kazuho, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2174 
  - #2180 Is Retry a new connection or what? (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2180 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2155 Checking frame type encoding? (3 by martinthomson, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2155 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2160 Optimistic ACKs and PFS in security considerations (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2160 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2170 Embed QUIC version in expansion (3 by martinthomson, ekr, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2170 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2138 How long idle is idle? (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2138 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2159 Why are we bothering to number CIDs? (2 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2159 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2167 How long is Initial (2 by ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2167 
  - #2171 ChaCha inputs (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2171 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2168 Verification of RTO no longer necessary (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2168 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1017 Eliminating the fixed minimum RTO (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1017 [-recovery] [design] [parked] 
  - #2173 Using caution (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2173 
  - #2175 Key Diversity (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2175 

  6 issues closed:
  - Eliminating the fixed minimum RTO https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1017 [-recovery] [design] [parked] 
  - Verification of RTO no longer necessary https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2168 [-recovery] [design] 
  - TLP and RTO arbitrariness https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2166 [-recovery] [design] 
  - If you don't reset DCID you will repeat keys. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2179 [-transport] [design] 
  - ICMP DOS https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2063 [-transport] [design] 
  - Checking frame type encoding? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2155 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-1/💬12)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove unused kDelayedAckTimeout constant (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2194 
  - Use 'time_sent' instead of 'time' consistently (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2193 
  - clarify that old keys should always be dropped (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2191 
  - fix description of AEAD usage (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2190 
  - No spoofed ACK attack (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2188 
  - Allow alternate restarts after idle (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2187 
  - Keep the packet number after Retry (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182 [-transport] [design] 
  - Ekr editorial 17 tls (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2176 

  6 pull requests received 12 new comments:
  - #2114 Unify TLP and RTO into Probe Timeout (3 by marten-seemann, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2114 [-recovery] [design] [merge-imminent] [unicorns!!!] 
  - #2161 Do not allow ICMP PTB to increase PMTU (3 by igorlord, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2161 
  - #2182 Keep the packet number after Retry (2 by martinthomson, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2109 Clarify ICMP PTB message validation (2 by igorlord, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2109 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2187 Allow alternate restarts after idle (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2187 
  - #2133 Simplify version negotiation (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2133 [-invariants] [-transport] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Unify TLP and RTO into Probe Timeout
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2114 [-recovery] [design] [merge-imminent] [unicorns!!!] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts