Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 00:45:14 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-7/💬33)
  5 issues created:
  - Byte order of IP addresses in PreferredAddress (by maskit)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2951 
  - When to send the SETTINGS frame (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2945 
  - Layout of PreferredAddress (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2944 
  - The Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong (by choury)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2934 
  - Omission of DCIL change in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22? (by evagld)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2932 

  11 issues received 33 new comments:
  - #2945 When to send the SETTINGS frame (18 by kazuho, nharper, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, LPardue, ianswett, lnicco, dtikhonov, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2945 [-http] 
  - #2790 Binding settings into session tickets (5 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, nharper, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2790 [-http] 
  - #2944 Layout of PreferredAddress (2 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2944 
  - #2913 Connection Reuse - Use RFC2119 terminology (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2913 [-http] [design] 
  - #2792 Timing side-channel on key updates (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2858 Signal error upon receipt of multiple trailing HEADERS (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2858 [-http] [design] 
  - #2924 Remove PRIORITY (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2924 [-http] [design] 
  - #2932 Omission of DCIL change in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2932 [invalid] 
  - #2934 The Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong (1 by choury)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2934 
  - #2844 Client connection IDs are broken (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2844 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2931 Non-ACK-eliciting packets never need to be ACKed (1 by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2931 

  7 issues closed:
  - HTTP/3 Cookie Crumbling https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2777 [-http] [design] 
  - Signal error upon receipt of multiple trailing HEADERS https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2858 [-http] [design] 
  - Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME for something simpler https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2551 [-http] [design] 
  - The Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2934 
  - Omission of DCIL change in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2932 [invalid] 
  - Omission of DCIL change in draft-ietf-quic-transport-22? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2932 
  - Non-ACK-eliciting packets never need to be ACKed https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2931 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+16/-7/💬15)
  16 pull requests submitted:
  - Skip a packet number when sending one PTO packet (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2952 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Remove mention of "protocol version selection" from TLS draft (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2950 
  - Remove extra curly brace from HTTP draft (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2949 
  - Fix nit in protocol overview in TLS draft (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2948 
  - Describe interaction between QUIC and TLS regarding saved 0-RTT state (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2947 
  - Make Recovery Pseudocode Formatting Consistent (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2946 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Update the PreferredAddress structure to accomodate a 20 byte CID. (by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2943 
  - QPACK [editorial] Misc minor editorial changes. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2942 
  - QPACK [editorial] Update text on instructions and representations. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2941 
  - QPACK [editorial] Post-base index is not relative index. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2940 
  - QPACK [design] Decoder MUST emit Header Acknowledgement. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2939 
  - QPACK [editorial] Update text on wire instructions. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2938 
  - QPACK [editorial] Update text to include both criteria of "blocking entry". (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2937 
  - QPACK [editorial] Reword paragraph on blocked stream limit. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2936 
  - QPACK [editorial] update RIC and Base on figures (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2935 
  - Modify pseudo-code to enforce that zero must be encoded as zero. (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2933 

  10 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #2938 QPACK [editorial] Update text on wire instructions. (4 by bencebeky, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2938 
  - #2939 QPACK [design] Decoder MUST emit Header Acknowledgement. (3 by bencebeky, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2939 
  - #2723 HTTP/3 Zero-weighting (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2723 [-http] 
  - #2948 Fix nit in protocol overview in TLS draft (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2948 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2950 Remove mention of "protocol version selection" from TLS draft (1 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2950 
  - #2761 allow PRIORITY frames referring to placeholders exceeding `SETTING_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS` (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2761 [-http] 
  - #2898 HTTP Upgrade in H3 is silliness (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898 [-http] 
  - #2947 Describe interaction between QUIC and TLS regarding saved 0-RTT state (1 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2947 
  - #2857 Define terms for application actions (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2857 [-http] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2936 QPACK [editorial] Reword paragraph on blocked stream limit. (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2936 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Add normative reference to RFC7540 8.1.2.5.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2868 [-http] 
  - Tighten HEADERS and DATA frame order requirements.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2867 [-http] 
  - Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME error code
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2662 [-http] [design] 
  - Remove mention of "protocol version selection" from TLS draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2950 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Fix nit in protocol overview in TLS draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2948 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Remove extra curly brace from HTTP draft
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2949 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Update the PreferredAddress structure to accomodate a 20 byte CID.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2943 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts