Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-6/💬44)
  6 issues created:
  - What if server does not send HTTP_EARLY_RESPONSE but starts sending response (by ddragana)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2963 
  - Can CRYPTO frames be sent in 0-RTT packets? (by tandf)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2959 
  - Are ECN counts per pn_space or unified across pn_spaces? (by YuanshanZ)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2957 
  - RECOMMENDED on non-interop requirement (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2956 
  - It seems the minimal packet number length should be 14 bits (by NKTelnet)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2955 
  - Consider merging WebSocket into HTTP/3 (by theoryfate)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2953 

  7 issues received 44 new comments:
  - #2945 When to send the SETTINGS frame (20 by kazuho, janaiyengar, nharper, DavidSchinazi, martinthomson, davidben, ianswett, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2945 [-http] [design] 
  - #2955 It seems the minimal packet number length should be 14 bits (11 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, NKTelnet, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2955 [-transport] 
  - #2953 Consider merging WebSocket into HTTP/3 (4 by DavidSchinazi, theoryfate, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2953 [-http] 
  - #2151 Where can you send CONNECTION_CLOSE (3 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2151 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (3 by erickinnear, DavidSchinazi, mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2837 Does a Retry really need to change the CID? (2 by martinthomson, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2837 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2132 Provide guidelines on token validation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2132 [-transport] [editorial] 

  6 issues closed:
  - Can CRYPTO frames be sent in 0-RTT packets? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2959 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Application should be allowed to respond to STOP_SENDING instead of the endpoint https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2884 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - HTTP/2 in Peer Denial of Service? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2890 [-tls] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - It seems the minimal packet number length should be 14 bits https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2955 [-transport] 
  - Appendix A of quic-tls is wrong https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2885 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Consider merging WebSocket into HTTP/3 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2953 [-http] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-6/💬14)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - ECN counts in the ACK frame should be in the same pn_space of the ACK frame (by YuanshanZ)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2964 
  - Talk more about multiple tokens (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2962 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Repair rules for NEW_TOKEN (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - CRYPTO frames can not be sent in 0-RTT (by tandf)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2960 
  - Move server's SETTINGS to transport parameters (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2958 
  - Clarify out of order acking (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2954 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  8 pull requests received 14 new comments:
  - #2954 Clarify out of order acking (3 by rpaulo, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2954 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2893 Remove DoS vector for spoofed connection migration (3 by erickinnear, pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2893 [-transport] 
  - #2752 ECN verification text (2 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2752 [-transport] 
  - #2961 Repair rules for NEW_TOKEN (2 by martinthomson, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2853 transport: fix dangling ref to recovery (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2853 
  - #2960 CRYPTO frames can not be sent in 0-RTT (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2960 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2898 HTTP Upgrade in H3 is silliness (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898 [-http] 
  - #2935 QPACK [editorial] update RIC and Base on figures (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2935 [-qpack] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify out of order acking
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2954 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - CRYPTO frames can not be sent in 0-RTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2960 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Firm up language around stream termination
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2888 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Move wasteful packet stuff to -transport
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2896 [-tls] [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Get test vectors in place for -23
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2887 [-tls] [design] 
  - Make Recovery Pseudocode Formatting Consistent
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2946 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts