Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-crypto-agility-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Crypto-Agility Requirements for Remote Dial-In User Service (RADIUS)
	Author(s)       : D. Nelson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-crypto-agility-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-05-08

This memo describes the requirements for a crypto-agility solution
for Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-crypto-agility-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:20:31 -0400

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions 
> Working Group of the IETF.
>

This draft contains fixes for a number of typos (spelling) and an
acknowledgement that the RADEXT Charter is in the process of revision.
Otherwise, there are no changes from the individual draft we reviewed during
IETF-71.

During the debate on the re-chartering, we discussed issues that have a
direct impact on this document, with regard to key-wrap attributes.  I will
point out that the current RADEXT crypto-agility requirements draft says
nothing about using NIST approved algorithms, nor anything about special
algorithms and modes for key-wrap, as distinct from general purpose
encryption.  If the consensus of the WG is that these items ought to be part
of the requirements, we should propose some added text.

Further thoughts?

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>