Subject: Re: RE: IETF 74 RADEXT WG Meeting Agenda and Meeting materials

From: David Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:20:11 +0000 (GMT)

The audio stream was up, but it seems to have flaked out on me several times.

It's back up now...

Unfortunately I'm not able to jabber today.

Dave.

Mar 27, 2009 10:49:54 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

As usual, we will be utilizing jabber and streaming audio for remote participants.

The jabber room is up, but the streaming audio service currently yields a “file not found” error.  I hope this will be remedied prior to the 9 AM PDT session start time.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive:

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:19:38 -0400

David Mitton writes...

> The audio stream was up, but it seems to have flaked out

Yeah.  I guess on one level it's amazing that it works at all, given the
potential scaling issues of providing that kind of service.  On another
level, it's really not all that useful for remote participation if it works
only part of the time, or the latency becomes such that questions about
what's being said asked via jabber arrive partway into the *next*
presentation.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>