Subject: RADIUS Errata #757 (RFC 4282)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:10:55 -0700

My recommendation is that this errata be accepted. 
Status: Reported

Type: Technical

Reported By: Peter Koch

Date Reported: 2005-12-13

Section 2.6 says:

   The BNF of the realm portion allows the realm to begin with a digit,
   which is not permitted by the BNF described in [RFC1035].  This
   change was made to reflect current practice; although not permitted
   by the BNF described in [RFC1035], Fully Qualified Domain Names
   (FQDNs) such as 3com.com are commonly used and accepted by current
   software.

It should say:

[not supplied]

Notes:

section 2.6 missed the update of the hostname syntax in

RFC 1123, section 2.1.

RFC 1123 (STD 3) 2.1 allows labels starting with a <digit>

in fully qualified domain names of a host, RFC 1035 (STD 13)

2.3.1 still wants labels starting with a <letter>.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me