Subject: REMINDER: Ongoing RADEXT WG last call on "RADIUS over TCP"

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:26:57 -0700

This is a reminder of an ongoing RADEXT WG last call on "RADIUS over TCP", prior to sending this document on to the IESG for
publication as an Experimental RFC.  The document is available for
inspection here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-tcp-transport

The original RADEXT
WG last call lasted until August 7, 2009, but no comments were received.  We will therefore extend the comment period until October 2, 2009. Please send comments to
the RADEXT WG mailing list using the format described in the RADEXT
Issues list: http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:36:50 -0700

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> This is a reminder of an ongoing RADEXT WG last call on "RADIUS over 
> TCP", prior to sending this document on to the IESG for publication as 
> an Experimental RFC.  The document is available for inspection here:

Looks like my previous email didn't make it. I think the document is
ready, but two minor comments.

1. The draft says:

    RADIUS clients using RADIUS over TCP MUST NOT decide that a
    connection is down until the application layer watchdog algorithm has
    marked it DOWN ([RFC3539] Appendix A).  RADIUS clients using RADIUS
    over TCP MUST NOT decide that a RADIUS server is unresponsive until
    all TCP connections to it have been marked DOWN.

I'm a bit confused by that first sentence. The TCP session might be
reset without the watchdog marking it down. Wouldn't that be sufficient
to say that the connection is down?

2. Should the term RadSec be replaced with RADIUS over TLS?

Stig

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:54:45 +0200

> to say that the connection is down?

  Yes.

> 2. Should the term RadSec be replaced with RADIUS over TLS?

  Yes.  The decision to remove the RadSec name was made after the draft
had been submitted.

  Alan DeKok.