Subject: REQUIRED READING: RADEXT Virtual Interim Design Guidelines Discussion

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:14:46 -0800

Dan Romascanu said:

"I hope that the WG will use the time until the virtual meeting and the
meeting itself to make progress and clean up the remaining open issues. I
suggested a few weeks ago that Avi and Alan work together on the text that
describes what this document exactly covers and what is being left for
future work. I do not know if this happened, but we have new text proposals.
I suggest that Avi, Woj, and the other WG participants who made comments
during the 'Last Look' period address the changes in the document suggested
by Alan and send back feedback and comments to the list or their agreement
with the proposed changes even before the virtual meeting. All participants
in the WG are  of course welcome and invited to express their opinions with
comments or 'I am OK with the document' messages."

[BA]  I have collected Avi Lior's review of the -10 text (and suggested
changes) within Issue 327:
<http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/radissues3.html#Issue 327>
Applicability .  Joe Salowey's review is 
provided in Issue 325:
<http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/radissues3.html#Issue 325> Review .
As noted in a previous message summarizing the results of the "Last Look" (
<http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2010/msg00150.html>
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2010/msg00150.html) there appears to be
WG consensus to make changes to the document to address the concerns that
have been raised.
 
In order for the interim meeting to go smoothly on February 23, 2010, it
would be ideal to have proposed text changes to resolve each issue, as Dan
suggests.  To further this, it would be ideal for Avi and Joe to examine the
modified text and confirm (or deny) that their issues have been addressed:

http://git.freeradius.org/ietf/draft-ietf-radext-design-11.txt

 Changes between -10 and -11 are available here:

http://git.freeradius.org/ietf/10-11-diff.html

Note that if we do not have proposed text changes by February 20, 2010 then
the chairs will go over the existing issues and propose changes on the
mailing list which we will discuss at the Interim.

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:57:37 +0100

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> [BA]  I have collected Avi Lior’s review of the -10 text (and suggested changes) within Issue 327: Applicability <http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/radissues3.html#Issue 327> .  Joe Salowey’s review is  
> provided in Issue 325: Review <http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/radissues3.html#Issue 325> .  As noted in a previous message summarizing the results of the “Last Look” (http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2010/msg00150.html) there appears to be WG consensus to make changes to the document to address the concerns that have been raised.

  I've submitted a -11 version of the document.  The only change from
the previous -11 version on my web site is a paragraph addressing one of
Joe's comments.  The text was proposed on the list, and accepted.

  A full review of all issues is below.  At this point, I think that all
open issues have been addressed.

300: replacement text

In order to characterize current attribute usage, both the basic and
complex data types defined in the existing RADIUS RFCs are reviewed.

301: replacement text

Does the data fit within the basic data types described in Section
2.1.1, as outlined below?  If so, it SHOULD be encapsulated in a
[RFC2865] format RADIUS attribute, or in a [RFC2865] format RADIUS VSA
that uses one of the existing RADIUS data types.

302: deleted references to [EXTEN]

304: addressed in prior revisions

311: addressed in prior revisions

312: removed references to [EXTEN] in prior revisions

313: clarified in prior revisions

314: issue was closed

318: rejected.

319: addressed in prior revisions

320: addressed in prior revisions

325: addresed in -11

327: addressed in -11

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>