Subject: FW: [Dime] FW: I-D Action:draft-zorn-dime-rfc4005bis-01.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:03:28 +0200

I am forwarding this to the RADEXT list as well to make sure that all
RADEXT participants are aware about it, although I am sure that many
participants in RADEXT are also subscribed to DIME.  Apologize to these
who will receive multiple mails as a result. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Glen Zorn
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 2:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] FW: I-D Action:draft-zorn-dime-rfc4005bis-01.txt

A topic of discussion during the last couple of AAA Doctors meetings has
been what to do about RFC 4005 in general and RADIUS-Diameter
interoperability in particular.  In Anaheim we decided to just try
removing the RADIUS->Diameter translation stuff from 4005 (since it was
unclear that it had ever actually been deployed) & see who screamed in
pain ;-).  I took the action item to revise the doc & this draft is the
result.  In addition to (I hope) carving out all the RADIUS-specific
stuff (including all of section 9), I've also fixed a number of (small,
IMHO) grammatical problems & some clumsy phrasing, reorganized the
document to better (I hope) reflect the various groups of AVPs &
reworked the AVP tables to remove redundant information.  Comments are
welcomed!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-zorn-dime-rfc4005bis-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Diameter Network Access Server Application
	Author(s)       : G. Zorn
	Filename        : draft-zorn-dime-rfc4005bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2010-05-23

This document describes the Diameter protocol application used for
Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) services in the
Network Access Server (NAS) environment.  When combined with the
Diameter Base protocol, Transport Profile, and Extensible Authentication
Protocol specifications, this application specification satisfies
typical network access services requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zorn-dime-rfc4005bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.