Subject: [radext] #187 (dynamic-discovery): Timeouts..

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:50:32 -0000

#187: Timeouts..

 As a pert of the document shepherd proto write-up I read the I-D.

 In Section 1.3. it is stated:

    o  much more in-depth guidance on DNS regarding timeouts, failure
 conditions, alteration of TTLs (not considered for Diameter)

 While I agree the I-D is more thorough on DNS related timeouts and failure
 conditions, the above statement is not entirely true. RFC 6733 has timeout
 specific text when it comes to the TTL learned from DNS and the lifetime
 of the discovered server's certificate. This is on the other hand missing
 from this I-D, i.e. the situation where the TTL would exceed certificate
 lifetime. I'd like to see this also addressed in the I-D.

-- 
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                   |  Milestone:
Component:  dynamic-discovery       |    Version:
 Severity:  -                       |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/187>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>