Subject: [radext] Preliminary Agenda for the radext meeting at IETF91

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:45:22 +0200

Hello,

as you've probably seen, the final agenda for IETF91 has been published
recently.

Jouni and I have asked for the usual 90 min slot, but were given a 120
min slot instead. Hooray!

I'm attaching a preliminary agenst for the radext slot; I crafted it
with the 90 min in mind, so it's easy to add more items or ask for more
time if you think you need it.

In particular, we will need to recharter to get new work on board (
specifically, for -datatypes and -coa-proxy ) and I'd like to discuss
that in the meeting.

I'm still working on the exact proposed text for a new charter, but
"semantic changelog" of items that need work are in the attached agenda
draft.

Please comment on the agenda before the I-D cutoff; soon after the
cut-off, I'll post the final agenda.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

-- 
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

PGP key updated to 4096 Bit RSA - I will encrypt all mails if the
recipient's key is known to me

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC0DE6A358A39DC66

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:05:43 -0400

Hi.

I am waiting for a last call for bigger-packets.  I posted a note in
July of 2014 noting that there were no open issues.
     
I think we should keep the agenda slot, but I'd appreciate it if the
chairs could move towards last call.

--Sam

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:43:19 -0400

> min slot instead. Hooray!

  Room for more discussion. :)

> specifically, for -datatypes and -coa-proxy ) and I'd like to discuss

  I think the list of re-charter items is fine.

  We might want to add the accounting work.  But the interest in that
seems to have disappeared.

> "semantic changelog" of items that need work are in the attached agenda

  For me:

- the NAI document is essentially done, barring last-minute reviews

- the data types document is essentially done.  Based on feedback from
  Sam, I'll add a "concat" type for EAP-Message.  But all feedback
  has been positive.  The document now contains explicit updates to
  the IANA registry

- the CoA proxy document is rough.  It needs cleaning up and finalizing.
  the main issue here is that Diameter has a "Operastor-NAS-IP-Address"
  (IIRC), which is the IP of the NAS.

  The feedback from RADEXT was that for security, we wanted to give out
  and opaque token to identify the NAS, instead of using an IP address.

  Once that's settled, I think I can finalize the document.  It's been
  discussed for ~2 years now, with no controversy.

  Alan DeKok.

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:06:19 +0300

> July of 2014 noting that there were no open issues.

Bummer.. you are right.

> chairs could move towards last call.

Sure.

- Jouni

>
> --Sam
>
> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext
>