Subject: [radext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-radext-nai-10.txt> (The Network Access Identifier) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:35:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the RADIUS EXTensions WG (radext) to
consider the following document:
- 'The Network Access Identifier'
  <draft-ietf-radext-nai-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In order to provide inter-domain authentication services, it is
   necessary to have a standardized method that domains can use to
   identify each other's users.  This document defines the syntax for
   the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity submitted by
   the client prior to accessing network resources. This document is a
   revised version of RFC 4282, which addresses issues with
   international character sets, as well as a number of other
   corrections to the previous document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-nai/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-nai/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.