Subject: [radext] Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 10:39:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise, Kathleen Moriarty and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext/

Technical Summary

 This document defines three new RADIUS attributes.  For devices that
   implement IP port ranges, these attributes are used to communicate
   with a RADIUS server in order to configure and report TCP/UDP ports
   and ICMP identifiers, as well as mapping behavior for specific hosts.
   This mechanism can be used in various deployment scenarios such as
   Carrier-Grade NAT, IPv4/IPv6 translators, Provider WLAN Gateway, etc.

Working Group Summary

   The draft has working group consensus.

Document Quality

   The document has received a fair amount of review.  Of note is that 
   the shepherd report and document leave a decision up to IANA about 
   the method used for allocating the TLV-Type for the sub-TLVs defined 
   in this document.  Two methods are possible and the WG leaves that 
   decision to IANA.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Lionel Morand.
   The responsible Area Director is Kathleen Moriarty.

IANA Note

  This document requires new code point assignments for both IPFIX
  Information Elements and RADIUS attributes.  The specification also
  requests the allocation of new RADIUS TLVs.