Subject: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-06

From: "Chapman, Ken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:03:06 -0500

Hi,
I am new to this list, so I apologize if this has already been reported.
In the FRAMEWORK-TC-PIB (section 3), the Role and RoleCombination
TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONs are defined using SnmpAdminString, which is also a
TEXTUAL-CONVENTION (imported from SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.
This is not allowed in SPPI (RFC3159):

"11.1.2. Mapping of the SYNTAX clause The SYNTAX clause, which must be
present, defines abstract data structure corresponding to the textual
convention. The data structure must be one of the following: a base type
(see the SYNTAX clause of an OBJECT-TYPE macro), or the BITS construct. Note
that this means that the SYNTAX clause of a Textual Convention can not refer
to a previously defined Textual Convention."
 
Happy New Year,
	Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ken Chapman           Unisphere Networks, Inc.
                      M/S 2380
Tel: +1 978 589 0288  10 Technology Park Drive
Fax: +1 978 589 0800  Westford, MA 01886
Email: [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++