Subject: questions on framworkpib-06.txt (1)

From: Nguyen Thi Mai Trang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:30:08 +0100

Hello all,

After reading the draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-06.txt, I have some
questions necessary to clarify my comprehension. Thank you very much if
someone can answer to my question, even some brief sentences:

1) Section 2.2 : I understand that the Role Combination assignment is
the responsibility of the PDP. First of all, the PEP sends to the PDP
information about all its physical interfaces and their capabilities
with the Role Combination "null". After that, the PDP sends a dicision
to assign Role Combination to each physical interface of the device.
These Role Combinations will be used later for device configuration.

So far, I have thought that Role Combination is assigned with each
interface by hand at the device, it is not the responsibility of the
PDP. Then, the PEP will send to the PDP all Role Combinations it has,
not send information about all physical interfaces it has.

Is it a new point in version 06? Anyway, I found that logical to let the
PDP make this binding. I agree with Pedro that the class RoleComboEntry
should be generic.

Thank you.
MT