Subject: [Rats] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rats-yang-tpm-charra-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:39:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote ATtestation ProcedureS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Challenge-Response-based Remote Attestation Procedures using TPMs
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Michael Eckel
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Eric Voit
                          Bill Sulzen
                          Liang Xia (Frank)
                          Tom Laffey
                          Guy C. Fedorkow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rats-yang-tpm-charra-19.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2022-04-14

Abstract:
   This document defines YANG RPCs and a few configuration nodes
   required to retrieve attestation evidence about integrity
   measurements from a device, following the operational context defined
   in TPM-based Network Device Remote Integrity Verification.
   Complementary measurement logs are also provided by the YANG RPCs,
   originating from one or more roots of trust for measurement (RTMs).
   The module defined requires at least one TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0 as well
   as a corresponding TPM Software Stack (TSS), or equivalent hardware
   implementations that include the protected capabilities as provided
   by TPMs as well as a corresponding software stack, included in the
   device components of the composite device the YANG server is running
   on.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rats-yang-tpm-charra/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-rats-yang-tpm-charra-19.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rats-yang-tpm-charra-19

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Henk Birkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 01:56:44 +0200

Hello rodent enthusiasts,
hi Rob,

I would like to point out that the recent changes - based on the IESG 
evaluation - resulted in some kind of "work around" due to how YANG is 
functioning today.

Please see my pull request approval on github:

> https://github.com/ietf-rats-wg/basic-yang-module/pull/121#pullrequestreview-941044616

I am aware that we can't do much about that right now, so progressing 
this I-D with this fix is fine to us. Yet, at least discussing that 
issue in the future in an appropriate working group should happen at 
some point, I think.

That said, this version attempts to address all remaining todos and is 
ready to progress!

Thanks for all the help. The list of supporters, proponents, and 
contributors is quite large. You know who you are ;-) I envision beer 
in your future - if the conditions allow for that. Also, I would like to 
highlight that the Vienna on-site meeting really helped with the open 
item of the IESG evaluation. I'd like to use this opportunity to put a 
strong emphasis on how important it can be for all of us coming together 
and "doing an IETF" - which includes creating the best experience 
possible for individuals attending remotely from all over the world.

Also, a big thanks to the RATS WG as a whole. Over the past years, you 
were all really helping to make this work become RATS's first Standards 
Track output. Thanks a ton for that!

Viele Grüße,

Henk

On 15.04.22 01:39, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> RATS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rats