Subject: [Raven] BBC World Service radio on RIP bill - RealAudio

From: "Caspar Bowden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:46:56 -0000

The BBC has just made available as RealAudio the only broadcast programme so
far to deal with the UK's RIP Bill - that's the one that puts the burden of
proof on the defence to show they DON'T have a decryption key [in fact it's
worse that, you can go to jail if in fact you can't "enable possession of
the key to be obtained" - 49(2)b & 49(3)c - even if no key exists!]

BBC World Service radio "Insight" (TX 26/2/2000, 13m 53s)

"Joanne  Episcopo examines the debate on the individual's right to privacy
in the light of a new parliamentary bill in Britain that increases the
powers of surveillance by the intelligence services"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/635000/audio/_638041_episcipo.ram

For more information on RIP see http://www.fipr.org/rip/index.html

--
Caspar Bowden                    http://www.fipr.org
Director, Foundation for Information Policy Research
Tel: +44(0)171 354 2333      Fax: +44(0)171 827 6534

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven