Subject: [Raw] Mirja Kühlewind's Abstain on charter-ietf-raw-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 02:07:52 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-raw-00-00: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-raw/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm uncertain what to ballot here, so I'll abstain.

It's unclear to me which if any documents the working group will produce. I
agree with Alvaro that is would be good to be more explicit about this to
support the chairs and future ADs.

I also still don't quite understand why this is not part of the DetNet group.
It seems that the DetNet people have to go to this group anyway. So why not
adding it the DetNet charter and the chairs could just e.g. request two
sessions at the meeting and use this to split the discussion. Such an approach
would enable a much smoother and hopefully faster convergence to solution work
if any is needed.

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:32:16 +0200

IMHO, this WG will need to join both MANET WG and DetNet WG. To make this
WG discuss and work well it will need both WGs chairs join together as the
RAW WG chair. I think this RAW WG will must have the same MANET and DetNEt
Chairs. The big difference between DetNet and RAW is that DetNet is only
focused on networking that is predictable in IP connections, but this RAW
will focus on both usecases of predictable and unpredictable connections at
layers 2 and 3, for wireless technologies/standards/IEEE.

In addition, IMO, this RAW WG participants/discussions are mostly for MANET
WG/charter not DetNET WG/charter, because MANET focuses on the wireless
networking for both unpredictable and predictable connections.

Best Wishes,

AB

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 12:07 PM Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Raw mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raw
>