Subject: [rddp] I-D ACTION:draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt

From: "Culley, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:26:16 -0600

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, so...
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP
Specification

	Author(s)	: P. Culley et al.

	Filename	: draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt,.pdf

	Pages		: 35

	Date		: 2003-2-20

A framing protocol is defined for TCP that is fully compliant with

applicable TCP RFCs and fully interoperable with existing TCP

implementations. The framing mechanism is designed to work as an

'adaptation layer' between TCP and the Direct Data Placement [DDP]

protocol, preserving the reliable, in-order delivery of TCP, while

adding the preservation of higher-level protocol record boundaries

that DDP requires.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 

ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username

"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,

type "cd internet-drafts" and then

	"get draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 

or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:

	[email-masked].

In the body type:

	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in

	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this

	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"

	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with

	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split

	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on

	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Internet-Draft.

 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt>

Paul R. Culley
HP Senior Fellow
281-514-5543