Subject: [rddp] Problem Statement and Architecture documents revised

From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:40:38 -0500

Two Working Group documents, the Problem Statement and
also the Architecture, have been revised based on review and
comments, in preparation for the March milestone of the
RDDP WG charter.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/rddp/current/msg00641.html

Only minor changes to the references section of the Problem
Statement were made. Changes to the Architecture were made
as outlined below.

Until the updated drafts appear in the internet-drafts directory,
they are available at

<http://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-01.txt>
<http://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/draft-ietf-rddp-arch-01.txt>

Tom.

-----

Architecture document changes summary:

The ddp_recv() and rdma_recv() did not make sufficiently
clear that the data is received into a registered buffer.
A new type, recv_message_t, was introduced and routines
ddp_post_recv() and rdma_post_recv() were added.

Text was added to clarify that the registration of a buffer
on a socket_t does not preclude an implementation from
supporting registration on a wider scope.

Text was added to make it explicit that DDP does not
provide framing, integrity and privacy services, and that
these are a function of transport.

A length specification was missing from the arguments
of rdma_read().

RDMA Writes no longer result in an optional completion
to the upper layer at the data sink.

Some text and data types were changed for clarity,
dates and references were updated, etc. 

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp