Subject: [rddp] Ordering Clarification on STag Invalidation

From: Caitlin Bestler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:42:54 -0500

On page 52 of the RDMAP draft, the following is specified about
processing of STag Invalidations:

> 9.  An STag that is associated with an RDMAP Stream becomes
> invalid upon reception of a valid Send with Invalidate or Send
> with Solicited Event Message. RDMAP MUST invalidate the STag
> sent in a valid Send with Invalidate or Send with Solicited
> Event and Invalidate Message, before Completing the Send with
> Invalidate or Send with Solicited Event and Invalidate
> Message.

My assumption is that the same requirements on completing the
send at the Data Sink also apply to the invalidate: that all
prior messages on the same stream must have been placed and
completed. Which essentially means that the STag Invalidation
should take place immediately before generating the completion.

To say otherwise would mean that the invalidate could clobber
the Tagged put that was earlier in the stream but was awaiting
retransmission. So there isn't much doubt about the intent here.

My question is, do we have this nailed down in some other language?
I was looking and couldn't find it.

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp