Subject: [rddp] UNH-IOL iWARP Plugfest announcement - call for participation

From: "Bob Noseworthy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:10:05 -0400

Greetings all,

I would like to bring to the attention of the RDDP/iWARP 
community the discussion of the UNH-IOL iWARP Consortium's 
initial plugfest the week of June 20, 2005. 

The test plan to be addressed at this plugfest is posted at 
http://www.iol.unh.edu/consortiums/iwarp/grouptest/index.html 
and while it will be undergoing further clarification and 
addition, the spirit of the intended coverage is currently 
identified in the v0.1 document.  This event is pursue/demonstrate 
conformance to the specification.  This testing will yield 
confidential vendor-specific results intended to improve 
end user's initial iWARP experiences by correcting any 
conformance issues earlier in the development cycle. 

All interested parties, willing and able to participate in the event
are strongly encouraged to do so, regardless of membership
in the UNH-IOL iWARP Consortium.  Interested non-members should
contact me for details (mailto:[email-masked]).

The majority of the conformance test specification and  
scripts are ready, more information is available at 
http://www.lampreynetworks.com/Documents/iWARP%20Test%20Spec.pdf
The RDDP community is strongly encouraged to review this specification and 
provide comments.  
Detailed early testing can generate better interoperable solutions.

I would ask for your review and contributions to the proposed test 
plan, bearing in mind that we wish to take reasonable steps forward 
to address the needs of the community. Through discussions with 
Barry Reinhold (Lamprey Networks), Dr Bob Russell (UNH-IOL) and the 
iWARP Consortium's industry steering committee the proposed 
conformance and interoperability first steps seem reasonable for an 
initial plugfest with reasonable participation from the industry.

If you are able to participate please contact me directly to discuss.  
If you currently are not able to participate but are interested in future 
efforts, please be sure to stay in contact with our efforts here at UNH 
http://www.iol.unh.edu/consortiums/iwarp/ 

Please send comments to Dr Bob Russell and myself at
 mailto:[email-masked];[email-masked]

 Bob Noseworthy
 +1-603-862-4342 {Office}	| IOL Technical Sherpa (Director) 
 +1-603-862-0205 {10GEC Lab}	| iWARP Consortium Manager
					| 10 Gigabit Ethernet Consortium
Manager
 UNH InterOperability Laboratory - Research Computing Center    

PS: Thank you to Mr. David Black for permitting this notification
to the RDDP community.

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp