Subject: [regext] Slight rewording/clarification in §3.4.3 of draft-brown-epp-fees

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:34:06 +0200

Hello,

I would suggest a slight rewording/clarification of this sentence:
  If a <fee:fee> element has a "grace-period" attribute then it MUST
   also be refundable.

Does that mean
1) just that the client understands that the operation is refundable,
without any technical obligation
(in the same way as above you have explanations on what the clients
should/should not make assumption on)

OR

2) that the refundable attribute must be present with a true value?

If it is the second case, then there is a slight problem not in this
draft per se but the combination of it, plus RFC3915, plus ICANN AGP
refund policy (the 10% or 50 domains).

Our train of thought currently is to use the grace-period always as we
have the information, but not using the refundable one because for
create operations we can not compute in realtime refundable=0 or =1 as
it depends on monthly volume of registrar activity.

Hence my question on the 2 possible interpretations above and basically
if the presence of the grace-period attribute implies the presence of
the refundable attribute with some value?

TIA,

-- 
Patrick Mevzek