Subject: [regext] New Version Notification for draft-gould-regext-dataset-00.txt

From: "Gould, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:33:13 +0000

Hi,

I published a new I-D on a file format for the submission and result of bulk requests (e.g., domain, host, and contact bulk operations) to a domain registry.  The draft provides the building blocks for many different concrete Data Set File (DSF) types.  I would like time at the next REGEXT WG meeting to introduce this draft.  From a high level, the draft follows a similar approach to the CSV data escrow format (XML for definition and CSV for data) in draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping, but contained in a single file with additional meta-data and with the definition of a result file.  Please let me know if you have any feedback.    

Thanks,
  
—
 
JG

James Gould
Distinguished Engineer
[email-masked]

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

VerisignInc.com <http://verisigninc.com/> 

On 2/8/17, 11:48 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-gould-regext-dataset-00.txt
    has been successfully submitted by James Gould and posted to the
    IETF repository.
    
    Name:		draft-gould-regext-dataset
    Revision:	00
    Title:		Data Set File Format
    Document date:	2017-02-08
    Group:		Individual Submission
    Pages:		74
    URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gould-regext-dataset-00.txt
    Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gould-regext-dataset/
    Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gould-regext-dataset-00

    Abstract:
       This document defines a Data Set File (DSF) format that can be used
       to define and pass bulk data between a client and a server.  This
       format is extensible to pass any set of simple data types in a set of
       records contained in the body of the file.  The file format also
       supports storing the result of processing the data set that MAY be
       generated by the server and returned to the client.  The file format
       consists of an XML definition header and a Comma-Separated Values
       (CSV) data section delimited by "-----BEGIN DATA SET-----" and "-----
       END DATA SET-----" lines.  The XML definition header defines the
       format of the CSV data section, contains additional meta-data, and
       optionally includes a digital signature to identify the source and
       ensure that the data has not been tampered with between the parties
       (source, client, and server).  The interface (manual or automated)
       that is used to submit the file and receive the result file is not
       defined within this document.

    
    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
    
    The IETF Secretariat