Subject: [regext] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7848 (5061)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 01:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7848,
"Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5061

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Nicos Gollan <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.2

Original Text
-------------
      *  One or more <mark:protection> elements that contain the
         countries and region of the country where the mark is
         protected.  The <mark:protection> element contains the
         following child elements:

         +  A <mark:cc> element that contains the two-character code of
            the country in which the mark is protected.  This is a two-
            character code from [ISO3166-2].

         +  An OPTIONAL <mark:region> element that contains the name of
            a city, state, province, or other geographic region of
            <mark:country> in which the mark is protected.

         +  Zero or more OPTIONAL <mark:ruling> elements that contain
            the two-character code of the national territory in which
            the statute or treaty is applicable.  This is a two-
            character code from [ISO3166-2].

         +  Zero or more OPTIONAL <mark:label> elements; see definition
            in the <mark:trademark> section above.

Corrected Text
--------------
      *  One or more <mark:protection> elements that contain the
         countries and region of the country where the mark is
         protected.  The <mark:protection> element contains the
         following child elements:

         +  A <mark:cc> element that contains the two-character code of
            the country in which the mark is protected.  This is a two-
            character code from [ISO3166-2].

         +  An OPTIONAL <mark:region> element that contains the name of
            a city, state, province, or other geographic region of
            <mark:country> in which the mark is protected.

         +  Zero or more OPTIONAL <mark:ruling> elements that contain
            the code from [ISO3166-2] of the national territory in which
            the statute or treaty is applicable.

      *  Zero or more OPTIONAL <mark:label> elements; see definition
         in the <mark:trademark> section above.

Notes
-----
ISO 3166-2 subdivisions are not strictly two-character codes, but can be numeric or contain more than two characters, so the description of the <mark:ruling> element needs to be changed.

Additionally, the indentation of the <mark:label> element makes it appear as a child of <mark:protection>, which is in contradiction to the XML schema on pages 17 and 18.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7848 (draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping
Publication Date    : June 2016
Author(s)           : G. Lozano
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Extensible Provisioning Protocol Extensions
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG