Subject: [regext] Protocol Action: 'Launch Phase Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:23:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Launch Phase Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)'
  (draft-ietf-regext-launchphase-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-launchphase/

Technical Summary

  This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
  extension mapping for the provisioning and management of domain name
  registrations and applications during the launch of a domain name
  registry.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been widely discussed on the mailing lists of the regext, eppext 
  and provreg working groups. The authors have addressed all comments and many
  changes have been incorporated in the document. 

Document Quality

  ICANN has required of all participants in the newGTLD program to implement some 
  version of this document. 

  Verisign, Neustar, CentralNIC and others have working implementations of
  this specification. 

Personnel

  The document shepherd  is Ulrich Wisser. The responsible Area Director is Adam Roach.