Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7974 on An Experimental TCP Option for Host Identification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7974

        Title:      An Experimental TCP Option for 
                    Host Identification 
        Author:     B. Williams, M. Boucadair,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 48381
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7974

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7974

Recent RFCs have discussed issues with host identification in IP
address-sharing systems, such as address/prefix-sharing devices and
application-layer proxies.  Potential solutions for revealing a host
identifier in shared address deployments have also been discussed.
This memo describes the design, deployment, and privacy
considerations for one such solution in operational use on the
Internet today that uses a TCP option to transmit a host identifier.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org