Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8002 on Host Identity Protocol Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8002

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol Certificates 
        Author:     T. Heer,
                    S. Varjonen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26613
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6253
        Updates:    RFC 7401

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8002

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8002

The Certificate (CERT) parameter is a container for digital
certificates.  It is used for carrying these certificates in Host
Identity Protocol (HIP) control packets.  This document specifies the
certificate parameter and the error signaling in case of a failed
verification.  Additionally, this document specifies the
representations of Host Identity Tags (HITs) in X.509 version 3 (v3).

The concrete use cases of certificates, including how certificates
are obtained and requested and which actions are taken upon
successful or failed verification, are specific to the scenario in
which the certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these
scenario-specific aspects is left to the documents that use the CERT
parameter.

This document updates RFC 7401 and obsoletes RFC 6253.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org