Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7987 on IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7987

        Title:      IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, P. Wells,
                    B. Decraene, T. Przygienda,
                    H. Gredler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18295
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7987

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7987

Corruption of the Remaining Lifetime field in a Link State Protocol
Data Unit (LSP) can go undetected.  In certain scenarios, this may
cause or exacerbate flooding storms.  It is also a possible denial-of-service attack vector.  This document defines a backwards-compatible 
solution to this problem.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org