Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8129 on Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8129

        Title:      Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets 
        Author:     A. Jain, 
                    N. Kinder,
                    N. McCallum
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11296
        Updates:    RFC 4120

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8129

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8129

This document updates RFC 4120, as it specifies an extension in the
Kerberos protocol.  It defines a new authorization data type,
AD-AUTHENTICATION-INDICATOR.  The purpose of introducing this data
type is to include an indicator of the strength of a client's
authentication in service tickets so that application services can
use it as an input into policy decisions.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org