Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8113 on Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP): Shared Extension Message & IANA Registry for Packet Type Allocations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 18:07:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8113

        Title:      Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP): Shared 
                    Extension Message & IANA Registry for 
                    Packet Type Allocations 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, C. Jacquenet
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10608
        Updates:    RFC 6830

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-type-iana-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8113

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8113

This document specifies a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
shared message type for defining future extensions and conducting
experiments without consuming a LISP packet type codepoint for each
extension.  It also defines a registry for LISP Packet Type
allocations, thus updating RFC 6830.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org