Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8106 on IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:10:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8106

        Title:      IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for 
                    DNS Configuration 
        Author:     J. Jeong, 
                    S. Park,
                    L. Beloeil, 
                    S. Madanapalli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43092
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6106

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-rdnss-rfc6106bis-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8106

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8106

This document specifies IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA) options
(called "DNS RA options") to allow IPv6 routers to advertise a list
of DNS Recursive Server Addresses and a DNS Search List to IPv6
hosts.

This document, which obsoletes RFC 6106, defines a higher default
value of the lifetime of the DNS RA options to reduce the likelihood
of expiry of the options on links with a relatively high rate of
packet loss.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org