Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8131 on RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End GMPLS Restoration and Resource Sharing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:57:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8131

        Title:      RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End 
                    GMPLS Restoration and Resource Sharing 
        Author:     X. Zhang, 
                    H. Zheng, Ed.,
                    R. Gandhi, Ed.,
                    Z. Ali,
                    P. Brzozowski
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33403
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8131

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8131

In non-packet transport networks, there are requirements where
the Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) end-to-end
recovery scheme needs to employ a restoration Label Switched Path (LSP)
while keeping resources for the working and/or protecting LSPs
reserved in the network after the failure occurs.

This document reviews how the LSP association is to be provided using
Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)
signaling in the context of a GMPLS end-to-end recovery scheme when
using restoration LSP where failed LSP is not torn down.  In
addition, this document discusses resource sharing-based setup and
teardown of LSPs as well as LSP reversion procedures.  No new
signaling extensions are defined by this document, and it is strictly
informative in nature.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org