Subject: [rfc-dist] [DNSOP] BCP 209, RFC 8109 on Initializing a DNS Resolver with Priming Queries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 209        
        RFC 8109

        Title:      Initializing a DNS Resolver with 
                    Priming Queries 
        Author:     P. Koch, M. Larson,
                    P. Hoffman
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15645
        See Also:   BCP 209

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8109

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8109

This document describes the queries that a DNS resolver should emit
to initialize its cache.  The result is that the resolver gets both a
current NS Resource Record Set (RRset) for the root zone and the necessary address
information for reaching the root servers.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org