Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8119 on SIP "cause" URI Parameter for Service Number Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:08:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8119

        Title:      SIP "cause" URI Parameter for 
                    Service Number Translation 
        Author:     M. Mohali, M. Barnes
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24142
        Updates:    RFC 4458

        I-D Tag:    draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8119

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8119

RFC 4458 (regarding SIP URIs for applications) defines a "cause" URI
parameter, which may appear in the Request-URI of a SIP request, that
is used to indicate a reason why the request arrived to the User
Agent Server (UAS) receiving the message.  This document updates RFC
4458 by creating a new predefined value for the "cause" URI parameter
to cover service number translation for cases of retargeting due to
specific service action leading to the translation of a called
service access number.  This document also provides guidance, which
was missing in RFC 4458, for using the "cause" URI parameter within
the History-Info header field, since this use is mandatory in some IP
networks' implementations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org