Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8108 on Sending Multiple RTP Streams in a Single RTP Session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 14:18:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8108

        Title:      Sending Multiple RTP Streams in 
                    a Single RTP Session 
        Author:     J. Lennox, M. Westerlund,
                    Q. Wu, C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 74580
        Updates:    RFC 3550, RFC 4585

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8108

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8108

This memo expands and clarifies the behavior of Real-time Transport
Protocol (RTP) endpoints that use multiple synchronization sources
(SSRCs).  This occurs, for example, when an endpoint sends multiple
RTP streams in a single RTP session.  This memo updates RFC 3550 with
regard to handling multiple SSRCs per endpoint in RTP sessions, with
a particular focus on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) behavior.  It also
updates RFC 4585 to change and clarify the calculation of the timeout
of SSRCs and the inclusion of feedback messages.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org