Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8168 on DHCPv6 Prefix-Length Hint Issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8168

        Title:      DHCPv6 Prefix-Length Hint Issues 
        Author:     T. Li, 
                    C. Liu,
                    Y. Cui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21936
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8168

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8168

DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation allows a client to include a prefix-length
hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a preference for the size
of the prefix to be delegated, but it is unclear about how the client
and server should act in different situations involving the
prefix-length hint.  This document provides a summary of the existing
problems with the prefix-length hint and guidance on what the client
and server could do in different situations.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org