Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8157 on Huawei's GRE Tunnel Bonding Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 20:43:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8157

        Title:      Huawei's GRE Tunnel Bonding Protocol 
        Author:     N. Leymann, 
                    C. Heidemann,
                    M. Zhang,
                    B. Sarikaya,
                    M. Cullen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 90028
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8157

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8157

There is an emerging demand for solutions that provide redundancy and
load-sharing across wired and cellular links from a single Service
Provider, so that a single subscriber is provided with bonded access
to heterogeneous connections at the same time.

In this document, GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation) Tunnel Bonding
is specified as an enabling approach for bonded access to a wired and
a wireless network in customer premises, e.g., homes.  In GRE Tunnel
Bonding, two GRE tunnels, one per network connection, are set up and
bonded together to form a single GRE tunnel for a subscriber.
Compared with each subconnection, the bonded connections promise
increased access capacity and improved reliability.  The solution
described in this document is currently implemented by Huawei and
deployed by Deutsche Telekom AG.  This document will enable other
developers to build interoperable implementations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org