Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8163 on Transmission of IPv6 over Master-Slave/Token-Passing (MS/TP) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 20:44:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8163

        Title:      Transmission of IPv6 over Master-Slave/Token-Passing 
                    (MS/TP) Networks 
        Author:     K. Lynn, Ed.,
                    J. Martocci, 
                    C. Neilson,
                    S. Donaldson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 55845
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-6lobac-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8163

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8163

Master-Slave/Token-Passing (MS/TP) is a medium access control method
for the RS-485 physical layer and is used primarily in building
automation networks.  This specification defines the frame format for
transmission of IPv6 packets and the method of forming link-local and
statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 addresses on MS/TP networks.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org