Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8116 on Security Threats to the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 (OLSRv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 08:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8116

        Title:      Security Threats to the Optimized 
                    Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 
                    (OLSRv2) 
        Author:     T. Clausen,
                    U. Herberg,
                    J. Yi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 59118
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8116

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8116

This document analyzes common security threats to the Optimized Link
State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) and describes their
potential impacts on Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) operations.  It
also analyzes which of these security vulnerabilities can be
mitigated when using the mandatory-to-implement security mechanisms
for OLSRv2 and how the vulnerabilities are mitigated.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org