Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8169 on Residence Time Measurement in MPLS Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 20:55:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8169

        Title:      Residence Time Measurement in MPLS 
                    Networks 
        Author:     G. Mirsky, S. Ruffini,
                    E. Gray, J. Drake,
                    S. Bryant, A. Vainshtein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 66556
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8169

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8169

This document specifies a new Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) for
Residence Time Measurement (RTM) and describes how it can be used by
time synchronization protocols within an MPLS domain.

Residence time is the variable part of the propagation delay of
timing and synchronization messages; knowing this delay for each
message allows for a more accurate determination of the delay to be
taken into account when applying the value included in a Precision
Time Protocol event message.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org