Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8159 on Keyed IPv6 Tunnel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 20:43:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8159

        Title:      Keyed IPv6 Tunnel 
        Author:     M. Konstantynowicz, Ed.,
                    G. Heron, Ed.,
                    R. Schatzmayr,
                    W. Henderickx
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27302
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8159

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8159

This document describes a tunnel encapsulation for Ethernet over IPv6
with a mandatory 64-bit cookie for connecting Layer 2 (L2) Ethernet
attachment circuits identified by IPv6 addresses.  The encapsulation
is based on the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) over IP
and does not use the L2TPv3 control plane.

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org