Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 79, RFC 8179 on Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 16:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 79        
        RFC 8179

        Title:      Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology 
        Author:     S. Bradner,
                    J. Contreras
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 65486
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3979, RFC 4879
        Updates:    RFC 2026
        See Also:   BCP 79

        I-D Tag:    draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8179

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8179

The IETF policies about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), such as
patent rights, relative to technologies developed in the IETF are
designed to ensure that IETF working groups and participants have as
much information as possible about any IPR constraints on a technical
proposal as early as possible in the development process.  The
policies are intended to benefit the Internet community and the
public at large, while respecting the legitimate rights of IPR
holders.  This document sets out the IETF policies concerning IPR
related to technology worked on within the IETF.  It also
describes the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.
This document updates RFC 2026 and, with RFC 5378, replaces Section 10
of RFC 2026.  This document also obsoletes RFCs 3979 and 4879.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org