Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8147 on Next-Generation Pan-European eCall

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8147

        Title:      Next-Generation Pan-European eCall 
        Author:     R. Gellens, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 92777
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-27.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8147

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8147

This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
mechanisms to support the next generation of the Pan-European
in-vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety
initiative of the European Commission (generally referred to as
"eCall"). eCall is a standardized and mandated system for a special
form of emergency calls placed by vehicles, providing real-time
communications and an integrated set of related data.

This document also registers MIME media types and an Emergency Call
Data Type for the eCall vehicle data and metadata/control data, and
an INFO package to enable carrying this data in SIP INFO requests.

Although this specification is designed to meet the requirements of
next-generation Pan-European eCall (NG-eCall), it is specified
generically such that the technology can be reused or extended to
suit requirements across jurisdictions.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org