Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 210, RFC 8180 on Minimal IPv6 over the TSCH Mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH) Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:14:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 210        
        RFC 8180

        Title:      Minimal IPv6 over the TSCH Mode
                    of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH) Configuration 
        Author:     X. Vilajosana, Ed.,
                    K. Pister,
                    T. Watteyne
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 60068
        See Also:   BCP 210

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8180

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8180

This document describes a minimal mode of operation for an IPv6 over
the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH) network.  This minimal mode
of operation specifies the baseline set of protocols that need to be
supported and the recommended configurations and modes of operation
sufficient to enable a 6TiSCH functional network.  6TiSCH provides
IPv6 connectivity over a Time-Slotted Channel Hopping (TSCH) mesh
composed of IEEE Std 802.15.4 TSCH links.  This minimal mode uses a
collection of protocols with the respective configurations, including
the IPv6 Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN)
framework, enabling interoperable IPv6 connectivity over IEEE Std
802.15.4 TSCH.  This minimal configuration provides the necessary
bandwidth for network and security bootstrapping and defines the
proper link between the IETF protocols that interface to IEEE Std
802.15.4 TSCH.  This minimal mode of operation should be implemented
by all 6TiSCH-compliant devices.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org