Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v2.44.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 20:47:51 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.44.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.44.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added an '--unprep' switch and formatter to undo changes made by
    '--prep' which make a file unsuitable for continued editing.  This
    will help the RPC when the .xml file received from draft authors for
    an upcoming RFC is in 'prepped' format.

  * Updated the v3 --expand formatter to expand external sourcecode and 
    artwork, in addition to handling XIncludes.  This should make it
    possible to produce single consolidated .xml files without using
    the --prep workaround.

  * Did some refactoring, moving the dispatch method that calls processing 
    methods based on XPath expressions, and some other generic methods, into 
    the V3 formatter base class.

  * Moved slugify() function, used in several writers, from v2v3 to 
    utils.py.

  * Did a minor CSS tweak to improve orphan/widow handling of <dl> elements.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  22 Apr 2020 21:20:47 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.44.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)