Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v2.46.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 10:30:27 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.46.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.46.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added <dd class='break'/> and <span class='break'/> entries in
    additional places, as a workaround for WeasyPrint's eagerness to break
    between <dt> and <dd>.  Fixes issue #529.

  * Tweaked the rendering of <tt> inside table cells in text mode to not 
    use double quotes to distinguish the <tt> content from surrounding text 
    when the only cell content is the <tt> element.

  * Modified the text rendering of table cells.  <thead> and <tfoot> now 
    implies no special rendering (earlier, they caused a change in table border 
    on transition) while <th> now always renders with distinct borders compared 
    with <td>.  Also added 'light', and 'minimal' table renderings, with 
    different table border settings when compared to the previous rendering, 
    which now is available as 'full'.  The 'light' rendering is closer to the 
    v2 formatter table rendering, but does not permit table cells with colspan 
    or rowspan different from 1 to be properly distinguished.  The changes in 
    <th> rendering fixes issue #527.

  * Added a --table-borders option with possible values 'full', 'light', 
    'minimal', to control the table rendering of the text renderer.  The 
    current default value is 'full', but 'light' is closer to the v2 text 
    renderer's output.

  * Added a new internal join/indent setting to the Joiner nametuple to
    control outdenting.  Used the outdenting setting to enable outdenting
    for artwork wider than 69 characters in the v3 text renderer.  Fixes
    issue #518.

  * Added missing support for @indent for <ul> in the HTML renderer, and 
    tweaked the same for <ol>.  Fixes issue #528.

  * Corrected is_htmlblock() to not count <dt>, <dd>, and <li> as block 
    elements as they cannot be wrapped in <div>.

  * Updated and refined the div-wrapping used to introduce additional IDs
    to deal better with anchors on <dt>, <dd>, and <li>.  Fixes issue #530.

  * Made the CSS setting of background colour on <tt> and <code> more 
    selective in order not to interfere with background colour in tables, for 
    instance.

  * Removed CSS that made URLs in references not break across lines -- the 
    drawbacks turn out to be more of a bother than the original reason not to 
    let these wrap.

  * Did some HTML cleanup to make the w3.org validator happy.

  * Fixed a few places in the HTML renderer where an empty tag could cause 
    an exception.

  * Added test cases for empty and double email addresses, and added
    support for multiple email addresses within an author's address block.
    Fixes issue #522.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  23 Jun 2020 17:15:23 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.46.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)