Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v3.7.0

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 22:11:47 +0200

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v3.7.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (3.7.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Updated manpage.txt and docfiles

  * Remove mention of Python2.7 from the README. Add pointer to
    self-generated documentation.

  * Merged in [3922] from [email-masked]:
    Restore xref format for cref target from r3890 (was accidentally
    reverted in r3910).  Fixes #431.

  * Merged in [3924] from [email-masked]:
    Handle iref items starting with special characters when constructing
    index. Fixes #603.

  * Merged in [3925] from [email-masked]:
    Include the index in the toc and retain index in prepped XML. 
    Fixes #607.

  * Merged in [3926] from [email-masked]:
    Correctly gather irefs by item/subitem. Improve index rendering. Use
    section numbers for xref text in index. Fixes #418. Fixes #610.  

  * Changed the Makefile's use of bash builtin read to only test for
    non-zero responses, instead of looking for responses higher than 128.
    Not all bash, and in particular not the bash available on osx, return
    error codes higher than 1 for the read builtin.

 -- Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>  05 Apr 2021 22:07:29 +0200

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/3.7.0'

Documentation for this release is built-in, and also available at:
  https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/xml2rfc-doc-3.7.0.html

Regards,

	Robert Sparks
	(via the mkrelease script)