Subject: RE: [Rfid] Reader Deployments (was: Rfid Digest, Vol 6, Issue 9)

From: "David Husak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:10:23 -0500

Hi Margaret,

No problem. I just want to make sure that descriptions and
characterizations of the RF aspects of this technology that are made on
this list are accurate, since at least some of the list membership
hasn't been exposed to it before, aren't members of the committees
specifying the different air protocols, and aren't RFID equipment
suppliers.

I'm sure you'll have the chance to reciprocate as time goes by :)

Dave Husak

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:00 AM
> To: David Husak
> Cc: [email-masked]; Marshall Rose
> Subject: RE: [Rfid] Reader Deployments (was: Rfid Digest, Vol 6, Issue
9)
> 
> At 7:42 AM -0500 3/24/05, David Husak wrote:
> >>            ... In EPC1 (the protocol with which I am most familiar)
> >>  the bit rate from the reader to the tag ranges from ~20 bits per
> >>  second up to ~75 bits per second, and the return bit rate from the
> >>  tag to the reader is twice that -- ~40 bits per second to ~150
bits
> >>  per second...
> >
> >
> >It may be obvious to everyone, but for those that are not as familiar
> >with the Auto-ID (it was never adopted as an EPCglobal spec) Class 1
> >protocol, Margaret omitted a 'k' in front of the word 'bits' in all
of
> >the foregoing. See
>
>http://www.epcglobalinc.org/standards_technology/Secure/v1.0/UHF-class1
.
> >pdf
> 
> Yes.  I am so used to thinking of these numbers in terms of
> milliseconds that I failed to convert properly when discussing bits
> per second.  My apologies.
> 
> Margaret

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid