Subject: [rmcat] Implemenation Status

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 17:33:31 +0200

Hallo,

find below the pointer to a current draft that specifies experimentally an new 
Implementation Status section in Internet Drafts. I believe this applies very 
well to all drafts that propose a congestion control algorithm in rmcat. 

In any case we should find a way to document which implementations exist and 
potentially also how they were evaluated (referring to specific scenario/test 
in evaluation criteria document). One solution would be this proposed 
Implementation Status section, another would be to have a wiki.  Please 
everybody who has an implementation for a rmcat congestion control algorithm 
speak up and care about a way to document the status/availablity/testing of 
your implementation.

Mirja

Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-running-code-03.txt
From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
To: WG Chairs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 23:18:28 +0300
List-Id: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs.ietf.org>

Hi,

we have just published a new version of our draft that defines a new, 
optional Implementation Status section.

The most significant addition in this rev is proposed introductory text 
for this section. We also included a list of current I-Ds that adopt 
this proposal.

Adrian and I would like to last-call this draft soon, and we solicit 
this list's comments before we do.

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-running-code-03.txt
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:42:51 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-sheffer-running-code-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sheffer-running-code
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status 
Section
Creation date:	 2013-04-05
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-running-code-03.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-running-code
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-running-code-03
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-running-code-03

Abstract:
    This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
    Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
    including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
    reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
    that have the benefit of running code and potentially reward the
    documented protocols by treating the documents with implementations
    preferentially.

    The process in this document is offered as an experiment.  Authors of
    Internet-Drafts are encouraged to consider using the process for
    their documents, and working groups are invited to think about
    applying the process to all of their protocol specifications.  The
    authors of this document intend to collate experiences with this
    experiment and to report them to the community.

The IETF Secretariat