Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:54:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Congestion Control Requirements For RMCAT
	Author(s)       : Randell Jesup
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   Congestion control is needed for all data transported across the
   Internet, in order to promote fair usage and prevent congestion
   collapse.  The requirements for interactive, point-to-point real time
   multimedia, which needs by low-delay, semi-reliable data delivery,
   are different from the requirements for bulk transfer like FTP or
   bursty transfers like Web pages, and the TCP algorithms are not
   suitable for this traffic.

   This document attempts to describe a set of requirements that can be
   used to evaluate other congestion control mechanisms in order to
   figure out their fitness for this purpose, and in particular to
   provide a set of possible requirements for proposals coming out of
   the RMCAT Working Group.

   This document is derived from draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs
   [I-D.jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/